Smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoke

Its now 5 days without cigarette and still OK. Was on 20-30 a day and just decided to stop. Don't believe in Gum and Patches etc and never really enjoyed smoking, just needed to feed the addiction. One thing is that at least going on to forum everyday is not harmfull to your health, so won't be giving that up. Keep up the good work everyone.
    Regards Smokefree Philip.
    Still Searching,
    Dick Whittington

top tip

if you think you are weakening, try a big fat dirt cheap cigar, it'll make you feel pig sick for days just thinking about smoking! alternatively think of the small fortune you wont be paying in taxes....
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Just think about all the diesel u can buy now to go out and play
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
        Its now 5 days without cigarette and still OK. Was on 20-30 a day and just decided to stop. Don't believe in Gum and Patches etc and never really enjoyed smoking, just needed to feed the addiction. One thing is that at least going on to forum everyday is not harmfull to your health, so won't be giving that up. Keep up the good work everyone.
        Well done. What helped me to stop was somebody told me that the craving only lasted 3mins at a time and I just thought about that every time I wanted a ciggie - have been stopped now for 4 years. Good luck over the Festive.

Jacqueline

Comment

my dad smoked for 35yrs and suddenly gave up (his dad, my grandfather, died of lung cancer shortly before) and has now been smoke free for 10yrs. keep it up.
          [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
            That's good news.

I'm a smoker, and I'm currently cutting down with the aim of quitting at New Year. The main problem for me is breaking the smokes that are pure habit - I've already cut out the 'On the way to work' one, and this week it's any morning smoke. I did crack this morning, but to be honest I didn't enjoy it at all.
            Paul </Slugsie>
            Immortal.so far!

Comment

Keep it up. It'll be the best present you can give those around you

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                That's good news.

I'm a smoker, and I'm currently cutting down with the aim of quitting at New Year. The main problem for me is breaking the smokes that are pure habit - I've already cut out the 'On the way to work' one, and this week it's any morning smoke. I did crack this morning, but to be honest I didn't enjoy it at all.

After you've stopped you get the craving for about a month, then try having one. It tastes bl**dy awful. Plus you stop smelling like an old ashtray. I don't like eating in resturants which still allow smoking. It always makes me laugh when I see a line of fake trees or trellis which divides the non smokers from the smokers.

Stick with it you'll get over the cravings, then you'll find a use for the savings, then you'll wonder how the hell you could have afforded it :thumbsup
                NO WORRIES!
                Rusty

Comment

well done philip i gave up in jan this year went cold turkey like you mate.
                  best thing i done in years apart fron marry terrie that is.
                  i can taste food now and smell stuff i never used too!!!!!!!
                  Enjoying Life after Cancer
                  Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                    well done philip i gave up in jan this year went cold turkey like you mate.
                    best thing i done in years apart fron marry terrie that is.
                    i can taste food now and smell stuff i never used too!!!!!!!
                    Its about time you changed those socks
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

must be the time of year... i'm the only one of all my mates that still smokes... must have been 35 of us out saturday night and i did feel a bit outcast cos i was smoking... maybe one day... there is a book that all my matesd have used and i think only 1 failed to give up after reading it... just with my job there's bugger all to do but smoke and eat yorkies!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by rusty
                        After you've stopped you get the craving for about a month, then try having one. It tastes bl**dy awful. Plus you stop smelling like an old ashtray. I don't like eating in resturants which still allow smoking. It always makes me laugh when I see a line of fake trees or trellis which divides the non smokers from the smokers.

Stick with it you'll get over the cravings, then you'll find a use for the savings, then you'll wonder how the hell you could have afforded it :thumbsup
                        Ah yes, smoking sections in restaurants………..like having a p***ing section in a swimming pool!

Just try to think of the positives
                        you wont stink
                        you'll have more money
                        you'll feel better
                        you wont spend the last days of your life plumbed in.
                        ect ect
                        the down side?.......none!
                        well done
                        keep it up.
                        mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

And you can join the new club.... or ex-smokers... a strange and obnoxious bunch. I have been almost non-smoking for some considerable time. You just need a really good reason. I just do the occassional cigar at Christmas now (to get out of the washing up)...

Well done, and remember why you have done it everytime you want one.

andyL

Comment

You wont be needing one of these then. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...145452902&rd=1

Comment

Working...
                            X