Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunroof blues

My bloomin sunroof has got stuck open

I jumped in the Surf at silly oclock in the morning and had to defrost it, I put the lights on but the dash lights for the heater controls are a bit dim so I went to put the big internal light on to see them but instead hit the sunroof open button by accident, opening it by about 1cm When I tried to close it, nothing happened, no response from the switch . I assume the little square button is also a total close button? So ATM, in this weather I'm having to motor about with the roof open - now about 2cm cos of all the playing about

Any recommendations? Has anyone else had a similar experience? If it's knackered can anyone recommend where to get a replacement motor or switch or whatever isn't working?

pupa pupa pleeeeeese, it's freezing! and noisy with the roofrack whistling
    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

i don't have a sunroof, but most cars have a blnk in the headlining that you can take out and wind it by hand?
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

You have hold the little button in, then press the close button. (sorry if you know this, but wasn't clear in the post)

If you open the little flap next tothe switches (it's to hold a driving licence, in the US, cops don't like you reaching for the glove compartment) there is a little hole, an allen key fits in here to close/open the sunroof manually.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        You have hold the little button in, then press the close button. (sorry if you know this, but wasn't clear in the post)
        I didn't realise I had to do both at the same time and must be the only thing I didn't try! what a novice!

Thanks for the advice guys (again!)
        Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
          I didn't realise I had to do both at the same time and must be the only thing I didn't try! what a novice!

Thanks for the advice guys (again!)
          The two button operation is a "safety feature" and removes the tempation to put your fingers on top of the roof whilst simulataneously pressing up on the close button with your thumb! Believe me it is quite alaming to have one hand suddenly trapped in the air whilst speeding along the motorway! With two button close operation it is nearly impossible to do this.

Nevillef

Note: Like the 4WD system and Air Conditioning system- remember to periodically operate them from time to time to keep the mechanisms in working order.
          Last edited by laser_jock@work; 10 December 2004, 14:52.

Comment

Working...
          X