stickers!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stickers!!

sorry this is going to sound lame ...but anyone got any good ides how to get those ruddy superglued on japanese stickers that are on my windscreen and rear window...ive been scraping away only to remove 1 mm at a time aaaaarrgghh
    Markjbl32

Hi Markjbl32

I used a stanley knife blade that you put into a scraper, I had a few stickers on the front, side and back as well as on the chrome bumper and carefully scraping with the stanley blade (which slides under the stickers) got them all off

Hope it goes well
    "disinclined to acquiesce your proposition - NO"

Comment

Thanks..thats kinda what ive been doing but they are so brittle they just keep crumbling small bits at a time lol...i hate peeling wallpaper at the best of time but this is ridiculous lol
      Markjbl32

Comment

once youve got the top layer off use some nail varnish (the kind with Acetone in) to remove the rest of the sticky stuff....

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by markjbl32
          Thanks..thats kinda what ive been doing but they are so brittle they just keep crumbling small bits at a time lol...i hate peeling wallpaper at the best of time but this is ridiculous lol

try gently warming with a hair dryer to make them more pliable
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

i got a new windscreen from autoglass... use a hammer and then it's only £50 and doesn't affect your insurance!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
              i got a new windscreen from autoglass... use a hammer and then it's only £50 and doesn't affect your insurance!
              THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX.... like it...what about my bumber??? lol
              Markjbl32

Comment

Can you use nail varnish remover on the paintwork, as I have stickers on mine i want to remove, plus the old rubber from the wind deflectors needs taking off too, as the new one go on wonky...
                ======
                Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

use white spirit - soak the stickers 1st-allow the ws to penetrate and then scrape off
                  [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/DONKR1/me.jpg[/IMG]
                  [url]www.qube-art.co.uk[/url]

Comment

what about my bumber??? lol
                    um... no comment!
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

sorry this is going to sound lame ...but anyone got any good ides how to get those ruddy superglued on japanese stickers that are on my windscreen and rear window...ive been scraping away only to remove 1 mm at a time aaaaarrgghh

I scraped most off with a knife and then sprayed gasket remover onto the mess and then cleaned the remaining smears away with thinners.

Only use the above method on glass - and dont let any overspray. Will certainly damage paintwork or other finishes - you have been warned.

Cheers

Kev

Comment

Working...
                      X