Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4 Head problem?

Hi There all,

I have a 1993 2.4 60,000 miles auto ssrx in mint condition, but when I speak to people about my surf as I think they are the BEST everyone says that the head goes or there are problems with them and that it comes to all 2.4 surfs one day? Can anyone enlighten me to weather or not this is true? As I have read bits but there seems to be lots of different head problems is there any way of preventing this head problem??

try using the search feature at the top right mate, you will need to take a day off work to read the results
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

i got a 2.4 and mines ok so dont beleive all you hear.
      some have had problems with heads yes but not all.
      make sure you flush out the cooling system and replace with british stuff and you will be fine (fingers crossed) no good worrying about what might happen till it does hey
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

The head went on mine the night I picked it up after driving it home from Kent but there are two other 2.4 surfs at the place I work and they're both ok.
        As pops says, no good worrying about what might happen, enjoy.

Comment

Coolent

Many thanks chaps!! You have eased my worries on the head problem but I should get the coolent flushed out and replaced as this is one of the only things I havent had done! What is the normal coolent to use on a surf? and is it easy enought to do myself. Do I put a Flushing agent in first or is it the type of job to use a hose pipe to flush through first?

Comment

Just one thing... if you are ever driving and it gets extra hot for any reason,make sure you stop before it goes into the red. If you do ever overheat it then you are much more likely to blow the head.

But hopefully this wont happen to you and you'll have many happy years of surfing ahead of you.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X