New SSR-X!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SSR-X!!

Hi, I posted a Thread on here before, when I was looking for guidance with regards to buying a Surf, and received quality feedback. I am now a proud owner of a Metallic Black, 5 Speed Manual, 3.0d SSR-X TD. I picked it up, over the Weekend, from Durham. Today I decided to do a few things to it - one of them was to get the Electric Mirrors to work - I was told that they were probably disconnected when the Alarm/Immobiliser was fitted. Sure enough, when I removed the Switch Panel on the Armrest, they were!. I re-connected them, but they still don't work!! All the Fuses are fine! Also, the Central Interior Light is not working with the Switch in any position - Bulb and Fuse are both okay! - Cargo and Map Lights work okay too. I removed the Wind Deflectors 'cos I thought they looked a bit London Taxi-like, but I didn't realise how hard the Foam Tape Adhesive was to remove!! - Surely there must be an easy way to dissolve the Adhesive? If anyone has any Ideas on the 3 forementioned problems they would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!!
    Better to be in Cumulonimbus than Cumulogranite

I had a similar problem with my internal lights, the circuit track in the light housing itself is put together using rivets,which over time become loose or broken and could cause an intermittent switch or the switch to not operate at all,
    My fix was to replace all the rivets with small nuts & bolts, very easy & quick to do, and hey presto I now have light.

Comment

Did you get it from Durham Direct imports ??? heard a few dodgy things about them .......... if so id make sure he fixes it or re imburses you to fix it.

Comment

I wanted to but this Surf you got

Is it any good??? I asked the guy in Durham to email me some photos of it and got nothing, i also cant get on his website anymore, strange that is.....

Is the Surf fast and how is the manual box?

I'm currantly looking for the exact model you bought and would like a hand

Thank you
        3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Cheers Sungear6, but where do I get the TINY Nuts and Bolts?
          Charleski: yes it was from Durham Direct Imports (where were you when I asked if DDI was okay?!), He BS's a bit - told me there was a Multi CD player in the Boot, was there heck! (said it had probably been lifted when it came thru Liverpool Docks - funny there was no Wires!! ), also told me he would do an Oil change - went to the Garage to fill up and there was about 1mm of Oil on the Dipstick (maybe took it out but forgot to put some back in!! ). He'd put a ropey UK Radio/Cassette into it (Face Off, but the Face won't stay up 'cos there's a bit broken off the Catch - said he put in a CD Player the day before but the Head wouldn't work and he didn't have time to put another one in!! - let me off £150 though! ). Only a few minor things - at the moment!- not too bad considering the Vehicle is 2nd Hand and 9 years old! (doing a BIMTA Check just in case!).
          Dog Book: It runs really well and can be a bit Nippy - faster than I expected. The Manual Box is good - prefer it to the Automatic - takes a bit of getting used to though (last car was a Honda Prelude 2.2vti Motegi!) His Webpage is: www.durhamdirectimports.co.uk - went on today and it was okay. Send him an Email outlining exactly what you are looking for ('swhat I did) and he will try to find it the next time he's in Japan.

Sam.
          Better to be in Cumulonimbus than Cumulogranite

Comment

Any hardware shop should have them,
            If you have difficulty getting any let me know and I`ll send you some courtesy of Mr Bristow !

Comment

wouldn't it be better to check all this stuff before you pay for the motor?... no wonder there are so many scams going on and disgruntled car buyers.
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
              X