yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trading Standards Authority?? Do you bother??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading Standards Authority?? Do you bother??

For all of you ripped of by parts suppliers and Breakers.
    Just a straw poll on the effectiveness of the TSA??

Cut a long story short, bought, over the phone, a set of 'used' A bars for a LN130 chassis in July this year. "Imagine my disappointment" (a la viz comic!) when they turned up missing the central section and bent to boot. I then spent the next 2 months trying to get my money back or them replaced...with much gnashing, swearing and frustration. Finally gave up and called in the TSA...personally I thought at the time I was flogging the old dead horse but not so...They listened to the case and the cause and sent a rep into the suppliers on my behalf.

Took another 2 months to finally get satisfaction but now I've got a really top set of A bars for the princely sum of £93 including P&P and VAT and the satisfaction of rubbing a lying cheating suppliers face in it! Oh and they never collected the knackered set either...ha ha.

Just a personal recount but it just goes to show if ya don't try ya don't get (oh..just keep a record of all correspondence with suppliers and send letters of complaint by recorded delivery...believe me it helps)

Scuddy
    ------------------------------------
    Look out! Ee

could do with the 7inch chrome bit

there 1 on each side any chance?
    ex Burgundy 2.4 owner

Comment

Originally posted by Scuddy
      For all of you ripped of by parts suppliers and Breakers.
      Just a straw poll on the effectiveness of the TSA??

Cut a long story short, bought, over the phone, a set of 'used' A bars for a LN130 chassis in July this year. "Imagine my disappointment" (a la viz comic!) when they turned up missing the central section and bent to boot. I then spent the next 2 months trying to get my money back or them replaced...with much gnashing, swearing and frustration. Finally gave up and called in the TSA...personally I thought at the time I was flogging the old dead horse but not so...They listened to the case and the cause and sent a rep into the suppliers on my behalf.

Took another 2 months to finally get satisfaction but now I've got a really top set of A bars for the princely sum of £93 including P&P and VAT and the satisfaction of rubbing a lying cheating suppliers face in it! Oh and they never collected the knackered set either...ha ha.

Just a personal recount but it just goes to show if ya don't try ya don't get (oh..just keep a record of all correspondence with suppliers and send letters of complaint by recorded delivery...believe me it helps)

Scuddy
      nice one, so the system does work somtimes then.........
      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

UP THE PEOPLES FRONT!!! nice one
        Markjbl32

Comment

Hi
          Can you send me the contact details you used?
          Thanks
          enzo(at)bundubasher.com
          @africa4x4cafe
          [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by The Duke
            could do with the 7inch chrome bit

there 1 on each side any chance?
            There's nothing attached on these bars just the 2 " stainless tube with a buckle at one end
            Look out! Ee

Comment

Originally posted by bundubasher
              Hi
              Can you send me the contact details you used?
              Thanks
              enzo(at)bundubasher.com
              Do you want the contact for the Supplier or UK Trading Standards Authority??

My advice on this particular supplier is to keep well clear as I've since found other websites with complaints about them.

For your info though they are (publish and be damned!)

Jap Parts-R-Us
              Pershore Road,
              Stirchley,
              Birmingham

My experience with them has not been good, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
              Look out! Ee

Comment

After your message I'd be daft to use that supplier. I'd like the exact UK TSA details you used please as I am trying to chase up my shipping agent.
                Thanks
                @africa4x4cafe

Comment

i got to trading standards through their website, left a message and they called back withing half an hour!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by bundubasher
                    After your message I'd be daft to use that supplier. I'd like the exact UK TSA details you used please as I am trying to chase up my shipping agent.
                    Thanks
                    If yer overseas, all I can suggest is you try http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/
                    and then enter the post code of the supplier and that'll give you the nearest branch. Give 'em a call and explain the situation, and if like me, they may send some-one in to sort out your problem.

Good luck

Scuddy
                    Look out! Ee

Comment

Got in touch with them but they cannot give me any help in this matter. They did however point me in the right direction re:

"As advised, there does not appear to be a breach of any of the criminal consumer protection legislation enforced by this Service. Your enquiry falls within civil law under the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (as
                      amended) states that when paying for a service it must be carried out with reasonable skill and care, for a reasonable price and within a reasonable time period. In your circumstances you are entitled to have the service to be done to a satisfactory standard."

This this gives me ammunition to sue him in the small claims court. Also, even though cannot do anything now, they have a record of my complaint against this person.

So thanks for your help but I can see this will be a rather long winded process now.
                      @africa4x4cafe

Comment

Working...
                      X