No announcement yet.

Beaten to death.....probably..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaten to death.....probably..........

But here's a chance to go over the tyre thing all over again.......

I am looking for 4 new tyres 265/70/16 for my 3 rd gen surf, my needs are mostly road use but also some off road use when i am shooting & stuff like that, so i need a tyre with decent off road capabilities but it will spend most of it's life on the road so i do not want a lot of road noise, finnicky i know, but that is the criteria.............so come on tell me your experiences.

PS i am happy enough to spend money on the right tyres so price is not the biggest issue.

Fire away.......................... ..
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy

i have bridgestone duellers, they're great fun on wet roundabouts but a tad unpredictable.

haven't tried any others yet....

Comment

I`ve got BF Goodrich AT and I`ve had no problems on or off-road. Very little noise on road as well.

Comment

I've got Yokohama Geolandar A/T+II. Very good on road and off-road (for an AT), but it doesn't look like they'll last very long. They're fairly soft.

Comment

Originally posted by GJ_ok
          i have bridgestone duellers, they're great fun on wet roundabouts but a tad unpredictable.

haven't tried any others yet....
          Which duellers do you have?

I was looking at getting some 31" 694 (A/T) soon but grip on wet roads is one of my main concerns. Otherwise 689 (road tyres) look to be a good option.

Cheers.

Comment

Hi mate I have 31" Dueler A/T's and I quite like them - was surprised how good they were offroad and not too noisy on the hard stuff. Not had too many problems in the wet though - and they look nice i think
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

i have the geolandars too - performance on and off road is great for an AT - but they will probably wear quick - i had 'oddball' type tyres on a jap inmpoted prelude - firestones and they were very soft also - do they spec soft typres in japland?

seen the geolandars for about £70 online as well - may get them again

hth

Chris

Comment

Cheers - I'm still weighing it all up at the moment and trying to judge how well 265/70R15 or 31x10.5" tyres would fill the arches, as I've just had her lifted to stock height from being a "lowlux".

The 275/60s still look lovely and wide on it, but a little bit lost with all that arch above them now!

Comment

After reading a lot of reviews (www.tirerack.com and www.tyretest.com) it looks like the Dueler 694s are very impressive performers.

Now it's a choice between 265/70R15 for £76.40 or 31x10.5" for £80.70 plus fitting unless anyone knows anywhere cheaper than www.mytyres.co.uk?

Comment

I have Dunlop Grandtreck 265/70's they are rubbish! I can't seem to keep the rear wheels from spinning. They were put on the car when it came from japan - so I guess they were cheap... does anyone else have experience with these?

Comment

BFGoodrich A/T's - superb off road (just check some of the pics of where I've been) but very quiet on road and hold the road well even in the wet/snow/ice and even when Tony tries to lose the rear end on O's . I love them and highly recomend them... Not the cheapest but worth the money in my mind.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                        BFGoodrich A/T's - superb off road (just check some of the pics of where I've been) but very quiet on road and hold the road well even in the wet/snow/ice and even when Tony tries to lose the rear end on O's . I love them and highly recomend them... Not the cheapest but worth the money in my mind.

The only reason I'm not switching to BFG's is that I would have different tyres front and rear for a while and my Dad uses BFG's on his LC
                        Dont wanna' copy him
                        Tim
                        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by chunkymonkey
                          I have Dunlop Grandtreck 265/70's they are rubbish! I can't seem to keep the rear wheels from spinning. They were put on the car when it came from japan - so I guess they were cheap... does anyone else have experience with these?

I had them for a short time, changed them pretty quick, they were c**p both on and off road

Comment

i got bronco A/T's on mine do the same as BFG's but lot cheaper
                            Enjoying Life after Cancer
                            Pops

Comment

i got bronco 4x4 wide conqueror A/T's on mine do same as the BFG's but cheaper.
                              Enjoying Life after Cancer
                              Pops

Comment

Working...
                              X