First post & 3rd gen question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First post & 3rd gen question

Hi everyone, I've been lurking here a while but this is my first post so please be gentle.

I'm going to see a 3rd gen surf this afternoon and I understand that you can run them in 4wd on the road as they have a central diff. What buttons do you press and what lights on the dash can I expect to see if this is functioning correctly.

This'll be my first surf and if I get it I'm looking forward to the quiet comfy delights that you don't get with driving a Land Rover Defender....my previous car 4x4!!!!!!!

Cheers
    Mike Tilley
    http://www.maninhat.myzen.co.uk/

hi mate its not a good idea to run on tarmac in 4wd but drive slowly press the button on the side of the selector (if auto) and the green lights on the dash come on and the orange diff diff light in the centre will flash,best bet to find a field and try it.

Comment

No problems running 3rd Gen in 4 wheel on hard stuff. Green wheels light up on dash centre, orange diff light DOES NOT LIGHT UP unless in diff lock.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. Well I went to see it and it looks pretty good. The car's a P reg, done 54000miles and the price is £9790 which includes.....

Cat 1 Alarm/immobiliser
        Undersealed chassis
        Full service inc. timing belt
        1 Years MOT
        6 months tax
        3 months warranty

.....So does that sound like a good deal? I have to say I'm quite tempted myself

Cheers
        Mike
        http://www.maninhat.myzen.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by miketilley
          Thanks for the replies guys. Well I went to see it and it looks pretty good. The car's a P reg, done 54000miles and the price is £9790 which includes.....

Cat 1 Alarm/immobiliser
          Undersealed chassis
          Full service inc. timing belt
          1 Years MOT
          6 months tax
          3 months warranty

.....So does that sound like a good deal? I have to say I'm quite tempted myself

Cheers
          Mike
          Sounds reasonable, but hang out for 12 months warranty, I would not entertain the deal without it when forking out nearly 10 grand.

Trev
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
          X