Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firefly
    HI
    ive got the 3.0L surf.. i test drove a terrano jap import Mistral they are called. total crap mate thats why i have the surf. the ride was lumpy and it has a narrower wheel base and taller so there is more sway in corners, engine wise the 3.0L is awsome love mine to bits and the wife drives it more than me
    Terranos always look too tall and too narrow to me. Get the Surf - you know it makes sense.

Cheers

Kev

Comment

And 'the bloke' wonders why I won't let him have a bike. He's already had one serious accident when he was younger and luckily just ended up with a big chunk missing from his leg. I keep telling him he's not a cat...........no nine lives for him and best not to temp fate.

Sorry for your loss m8, feel for you.

Comment

Terrano PR50 update

Just to let anyone know who may be looking at the Japanese version. By sheer coincidence I rang a guy about a 3lt Surf today. Turns out he is an SVA inspector and knows all that there is to know about the imports, so after discussing the Surf I asked him what he knows about the Terrano RM3R PR50, which is what I had my eye on, pics above somewhere.

They don't sell, the dealers won't touch them, and the ride is awful. He also told me that 90% of the ones that he has seen are in terrible condition when they arrive. So my advice is to leave them well alone. The ones that they have on the docks have been put into auctions since April and no one has bid on them.

Because of his contacts he can swap absolutely any extra I want onto the Surf that I may buy off him, so I should get a rear spoiler and a set of flash alloys thrown in on what is already a peach of a Surf at an absolute bargain price.

Oh, and if anyone wants an absolutely mint Triumph Adventurer, mine is on Ebay! I gotta pay for the Surf somehow. Fazer will follow as soon as I get it back too.

Cheers one and all

Rob G

Comment

there is nothing better than a 3.0l surf
          nothing better
          simply nothing better than a surf
          (to the tune of:there is nothing like a dame etc etc)
          NOGGIN: '96 3.0L TD SSR-G Electric blue...
          'Rum:so much more than a breakfast drink'!

Comment

Working...
          X