Turbo Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Light

I'm geting very confused by the turbo light posts...

Should my 2L-TE equipped LN130W have one?
    ======
    Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Originally posted by andy_enuff
    I'm geting very confused by the turbo light posts...

Should my 2L-TE equipped LN130W have one?
    Yes.

2.4 has one, 3 Litre doesn't.

Cheers

Comment

ummm. Mine has an engine check light, never seen a turbo light... oh dear, what broke...? Definitely a 2L-TE tho, checked the vin plate...
      Attached Files
      Last edited by andy_enuff; 1 December 2004, 19:38.
      ======

Comment

ummm. Mine has an engine check light, never seen a turbo light... oh dear, what broke...? Definitely a 2L-TE tho, checked the vin plate...
        I reckon your instrument cluster has been changed for a later one or for one off a non turbo (2.8 Litre 3L engine) pickup.

Cheers

Comment

looks the same as a LandCruiser one too... havent got a 4.2 under the bonnet have you mate???
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

turbo light

my 1990 surf has a turbo light and i've got a 2L-TE

Comment

Well... the engine is deffo a turbo, I can see it sat near the brake servo... Doesn't feel quite powerful enough to be a 3.0, unless it's mangled totally, but the VIN plate definitely says that it's a 2L-TE so maybe someon has changed the instrument cluster. When I get the new facia's I'll have the instrument panel off and have a look. The speedo has been changed as it used to show KMH when i looked at it in the showroom; I asked them to change it. they've put a facia on that the light doesn't come through... Hopefully they've just swapped the whole facia and covered up the turboe light? is that possible? If not it looks like i'm going to have to get a new cluster. GRR.
              ======

Comment

you probably wont find out now mate untill you have the gauges off.
                Tim

Comment

thought as much, need to straighten my steering wheel anyways, i managed to put it on a few degrees off straight line when i was looking at my broken indicator switches...
                  ======

Comment

... Hopefully they've just swapped the whole facia and covered up the turboe light? is that possible? If not it looks like i'm going to have to get a new cluster. GRR.
                    Looks like whats happened to me, thats definatly a 3.0 face.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

what can I say, apart from

I really want a little flashy turbo light

Looks like more work then, when i finally get that boost gauge before xmas and can then play with the boost pressure more safely...
                      ======

Comment

My '93 2.4 Surf also has no turbo light.

But it still has the KMH clocks.

Comment

Ive got a green turbo light, gonna stick a boost gauge in too, but whats the red light at the other side?

Comment

red/orange light is an engine check light, also used for reading fault codes...

My boost gauge has stopped reading last night - think the pipe has got hot, gone brown and probably split

Can send you pics of how to fit a boost gauge if you like (manual one).
                            Tim

Comment

Where abouts have you mounted your gauge? Dont know where it would look right.

Comment

Working...
                              X