No announcement yet.

Where do you work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three years ago I took redundancy after 15 year as a sales office manager for a national paper merchant, now self enjoyed selling surfs part time and white van man doing courier and removals.

The moneys not so good but I now have a life and get to take the dogs on long walks when I want.

Comment

I'm a podiatrist. For the 67% of you that statistically won't know what that is - it's like a chiropodist. Foot problems. They often are! Gave up on NHS as a badly funded joke, went private in London. My bank balance, my sanity, my job satisfaction and ability to give good treatments all improved. Now moving to Cambridgeshire for some space. Damn I'm gonna love the fresh country air after a hard day at the foot clinic. You can imagine

Neil
      PM ME IF YOU'RE SELLING A 2ND GEN 3.0TD...

Comment

I'm an IT consultant, implementing payrolls worldwide for very large companies such as Exxonmobil, Shell, B&Q, Pirelli to name a few of mine. The hours can be a beeyatch but I get to travel all over the place - just finished in Denmark, off to Germany next week and then Brazil (for the second time) and Venezuala in the New Year Outside of work, I'm either renovating the cottage or currently I am building a rally car with a mate to enter the 205 Challenge. Brazil might scupper this plan though
        Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

I'm a helicopter pilot based in Inverness, we operate an Air Ambulance flying all over Scotland, mainly the Highlands and Islands doing what you do with an Air Ambulance.

By my reckoning 50% of the population seem to work in IT!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by filgreen
            I'm a helicopter pilot based in Inverness, we operate an Air Ambulance flying all over Scotland, mainly the Highlands and Islands doing what you do with an Air Ambulance.

By my reckoning 50% of the population seem to work in IT!!!!!
            and 90% of the population on these forums!
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

not in IT

Well it does seem alot of people work in IT.
              Myself, I'm an Anatomical Pathology Technician. Assisting with post mortems and taking care of your nearest and dearest when they pass away.
              Not everybodies cup of tea I'm sure, but it is very interesting and can be very rewarding.
              Spent the last 4 months working on the Isle of Man and an now working in sunny Watford for a month.
              Any other A.P.T.s out there???
              [size=4][color=lime]WORK TO DRIVE[/color][/size]

[size=4][color=lime]DRIVE TO WORK[/color][/size]

Comment

I work as a Technical Manager (Head of Electrical & Mechanical design and IT) for small communications company near Southampton, well at least Monday to Frdiay the rest of the time I am a motorsport photographer, mainly covering a sport called Grasstrack which can only be described as Speedway on grass, hence the SURF!!

www.mikegordonphotography.co.uk

Comment

Scientist; molecular biologist (aka gene jockey) to be precise. Medically related research eg why/how we get cancer and why/how organs form.

Easy to look under 4runner for presence of exploding gifts from animal activists...Then again, 'tommy' could probably withstand quite a big one (oooer)...

Comment

Originally posted by Ian
                    Well it does seem alot of people work in IT.
                    Myself, I'm an Anatomical Pathology Technician. Assisting with post mortems and taking care of your nearest and dearest when they pass away.
                    Not everybodies cup of tea I'm sure, but it is very interesting and can be very rewarding.
                    Spent the last 4 months working on the Isle of Man and an now working in sunny Watford for a month.
                    Any other A.P.T.s out there???
                    You need to have a word with JESS - THEDARKLORD as she is going to Lancs UNI to do her BODY bits as she wants to do PATHOLOGY stuff.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Electrical Design Engineer

I is am freelance contractor. I design the electrics of the machines, that make the products, that make your world go round. Currently working in Slough, juggling 50,000 inputs and outputs (thats magic eyes and motors to you) that control 8km of conveyors, that move 10 million products a day! {p.s. that means usin a PC for 12 hours a day, does that count as IT?}
                      Lifes for smileing at! when ya Surf's not broke!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberSurf
                        I is am freelance contractor. I design the electrics of the machines, that make the products, that make your world go round. Currently working in Slough, juggling 50,000 inputs and outputs (thats magic eyes and motors to you) that control 8km of conveyors, that move 10 million products a day! {p.s. that means usin a PC for 12 hours a day, does that count as IT?}
                        IT = Irritating Technology
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                        (")_(")

Comment

TRACK INSPECTOR
                          .....contracted to EWS... britains largest freight hauler on rails....
                          .....walking the walk all day, looking for track faults in sidings, virtual quarries,
                          docks, freight yards, nice in the summer......
                          ....but now !! BRRRRR
                          2.4 T.D,s should carry a government health warning

Comment

Avionics engineer - part of a small team looking after 2 coastguard search & rescue helicopters.

COLD, WET & UNDERPAID!!!!

Comment

I.m a Prison Officer at Birmingham Magistrates Court. One of the busiest and most violent courts in Europe. I certainly see some life.
                              Last edited by minnykaz; 4 December 2004, 17:50.
                              SURFS UP DUDE.

Comment

I am the Training Manager for http://vosa.gov.uk/vosa/aboutvosa/aboutvosa.htm responsible for the training of all employees across the UK amongst who are the SVA Examiners. Interesting aside to say that those SVA officers trained over the last year are very familier with the Surf as my vehicle has been used as a training aid on several of the courses.
                                Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Working...
                                X