Rubbish reversing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubbish reversing!

My reverse lights are crap! I can't see anything when i reverse, has anyone made any interesting and useful modifications to their surf to improve visibility? I have the spare wheel rack on the back, so no middle reverse lights. Any ideas?
    ======
    Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

It's not road legal but what about a rear facing roof mounted spot. Powered via a relay and switch. You could switch it on when off road or on private land. There should be no need to use it on the road because we can all parallel park.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Had similar ideas myself, tho at the rate that i'm coming up with ideas for switched lights and various add ons it's gonna look like the flight deck of a 747! Well, who's complaining! time to convert the remaining single din radio blanking tray into a switch panel me thinks... Maybe even fit a STD driving lamp as a rear fog light.. btw, what is the legal power rating of a reversing light?
      ======
      Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

Originally posted by andy_enuff
        Had similar ideas myself, tho at the rate that i'm coming up with ideas for switched lights and various add ons it's gonna look like the flight deck of a 747! Well, who's complaining! time to convert the remaining single din radio blanking tray into a switch panel me thinks... Maybe even fit a STD driving lamp as a rear fog light.. btw, what is the legal power rating of a reversing light?
        Try putting the rear window down in the meantime - your tints wont help... I did notice a massive improvement in visibility trough the rear window when mine came off.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
          It's not road legal but what about a rear facing roof mounted spot. Powered via a relay and switch. You could switch it on when off road or on private land. There should be no need to use it on the road because we can all parallel park.

like this... ?
          Attached Files
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I mounted a pair of small spotlights (meant to fit neatly on front spoiler of cars) to inside of truck boot roof by back window. Fixed relay and wires in panel at the top out of the way. All it takes is to lower rear window and switch on the lights and perfect vision for reversing / hitching trailer, however after 20 minutes heat from lights can slightly melt rear plastic panel above lights, but if you are reversing for that long then truck is facing the wrong way! so not really a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by andy_enuff
              My reverse lights are crap! I can't see anything when i reverse, has anyone made any interesting and useful modifications to their surf to improve visibility? I have the spare wheel rack on the back, so no middle reverse lights. Any ideas?
              That's 'cos they are only 18 watt - normally they are 21 watt. I send the children out with candles and torches. Unfortunately, I dont think you can get 21 watt in that push-in format. Maybe one of those miniature spot/foglamps so beloved of the Saxo-mounted Chavs in McDonalds carpark might do it - attached discreetly somewhere on the rear - just don't switch it on when the Old Bill is around.

Cheers

Kev

Comment

Working...
              X