Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taillight Tinting Spray

Has anyone tinted their tail lights?

I was investigating ways of doing different things to blend the taillights into the body work a little and found this stuff :

Taillight Tinting Spray

and wondered if anyone had used it.

Any comments would be welcome.
    ======
    Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Neighbour did his.
    He used the black spray and built up the layers to get the tint required.

Looked ok
    Personally I want everyone to see my lights.
    Tailgating is a hobby round my way
    Mark

Comment

Originally posted by andy_enuff
      Has anyone tinted their tail lights?

I was investigating ways of doing different things to blend the taillights into the body work a little and found this stuff :

Taillight Tinting Spray

and wondered if anyone had used it.

Any comments would be welcome.

HOW MUCH? I tinted my rear lights red with a small jar of glass paint from a craft shop, then used my airbrush to apply it. the cost, £ 1.49
      p.s. it can be brushed on as well.

Comment

Have you got any pics of your tinted lights?
        ======

Comment

Havent tinted the Surf's lights, but have done quite a few others in the past.
          I always used the Foliatec brand spray.
          One dissadvantage is it will naturally reduce the amount of light permitted thru, if you put on a heavy coat it can severly reduce the amount of light coming from your reverse lights, which combined with tinted windows can make backing up difficult.
          The first time I used tint spray, I found that the raised lettering and marks on the lamps became more obvious and somewhat detracted from the finished job. I subsequentially used to remove all such marks first using emery paper, followed by polishing compound to restore the smooth, properly translucent finish prior to tinting.
          Whilst this does lead to a better finished product, it may cause difficulties as the removal of the 'E' marks etc technically makes the lamps illegal (then again tinting them might also)
          Maurice
          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Main reason i want to do this is that i'm likely to be having the back of the surf covered in body graphics that will end up being very dark coloured around the area of the lights and I want to partially blend them into that graphics to give a nice finish. I can probably add another driving light as a reverse light in addition to the standard lights (in the bumper or something)
            ======

Comment

Originally posted by andy_enuff
              Have you got any pics of your tinted lights?

Here's a pic of my rear lights with the red tint. I also masked off the edges and painted them black, I think it makes them look smarter. My next project is to tidy up the number plate area and fit white versions of the fog lights in to the bumper as reversing lights.
              Vince.

Comment

Working...
              X