I just bought...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just bought...

I just bought mr Surf its christmas present..

Now a couple of questions...

How hard is it to fit.. somone on here has that bar and i carnt remember who.. (im guessing its a bolt on job?)

Can anyone reccomend a good set of spots (big ones) Roughtrax's arnt great imo..

Are these winches on ebay for about 70 quid realy crap? i might have on if not.. or does anyone on here have one forsale...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Assasin-uk; 29 November 2004, 01:06. Reason: im an idiot..

I just bought...

Hi marky has one ,if you search under A-bars /nudgebars he posted pictures of his surf with one and how to fit it.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin-uk
      I just bought mr Surf its christmas present..

Now a couple of questions...

How hard is it to fit.. somone on here has that bar and i carnt remember who.. (im guessing its a bolt on job?)
      That's the A-bar I've got (Roughtrax ACC003?). Did you get the fitting/picture sheet with it from Roughtrax? It's not too hard to fit (I just found the support rods that go into the front grill area a bit fiddly). I also needed a breaker bar to undo the tie-down hooks on mine (underneath front end. If you need to borrow a breaker bar or eant to see how my bar's attached give me a shout.

I think it was you I passed on Saturday in Cleveleys (well, the road that runs alongside the tramline) - looked like you'd been to the autostore when I waved - before you got back in your Surf, I was headed North-bound.

NorthWestDirt
      [aka Paul]

Comment

Ignore the typos - it's freezing in my office this morning!
        NorthWestDirt
        [aka Paul]

Comment

Thanks for the offer paul, i might take you up on that breaker bar..

I only ordered it last night so i have no idea on fitment (how long did yours take to come?)...

Sorry if i ignored you when i was at the motorstore, i never noticed you (again).. i even drove past my mrs on friday and never realised it was here..

Yeah it is pretty cold init, the surfs locks were frozen this morning.. (heated key with lighter..)

The office is warm though as i stole a radiator from another department and left it on low all over the week end in my office..

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin-uk
            I only ordered it last night so i have no idea on fitment (how long did yours take to come?)...

Sorry if i ignored you when i was at the motorstore, i never noticed you (again).. i even drove past my mrs on friday and never realised it was here..
            Mine arrived the day after ordering (though it'll probably depend on if you ordered online). I phone-ordered around lunchtime one day & the next I was making my way to Cleveleys to pick it from the in-laws (my delivery address!). Either way I reckon you'll easily have it by Wednesday

Didn't see you in the motorstore mate - I drove past as you were making your way back to your parked motor (assuming it was you I waved at and it was your Surf I saw!!).

Not yet been Barton-way but I do want to. As for muddy playgrounds round here.....I seem to remember someone on the old forum (from when I had my previous Surf) mentioning they used somewhere around Ballam Road - though I'm not sure this is still accessible (or legal) -time?
            NorthWestDirt
            [aka Paul]

Comment

Its a doddle to fit all you need is some spanners & a little help from her in doors. There are 2 sets of brackets one for the HILUX the other for the SURF.
              Attached Files
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Working...
              X