Caribbean connection need help or challange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caribbean connection need help or challange

I am interested in getting a Surf SSR-G, either a 2nd or 3rd gen. not sure. But I am very BIG on factory options. Does any one know all the add on options that were or are avaliable. Or is there a web site I can see.

OR
    If possible can you name all or most of them so we all can see if you know your stuff !!!

INTERIOR
    Recaro Seats
    Heated Seats
    wood trim
    climate control
    leather trim
    Cruise control & Overdrive
    EXTERIOR
    Widebody Kit
    rear spoiler
    wind deflectors
    Side steps
    Front Bull Bar with spots
    Roof Rack
    Rear door mounted spare
    ELECTRICAL
    DVD
    TV
    Satellite
    Electric mirrors & windows (Including Electric Tail Window)
    SRC, with separate CD player
    6 Disc CD changer (in back)
    Cassette/radio/equaliser
    Last edited by suga; 29 November 2004, 02:51.

i have an ssrg-if you pay for me to come out i will give you a test drive!!
    i remember a very naughty week in port antonio a while back!!
    NOGGIN: '96 3.0L TD SSR-G Electric blue...
    'Rum:so much more than a breakfast drink'!

Comment

sounds like you had a good time. What options do you have on your Surf? Also can others name some

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum.
        If you do a search on model specifications, you will find that the Japanese fit so many options, that the difference between the models is blurred.
        For example, I have a 1992 2.4L TD SSR-X. It has a sun roof, which was only standard on the SSR-G. It has air conditioning (which I believe was an OE on the SSR-X) It has the winter Pack (you probably won't need it in sunny Jamaica) which includes twin batteries, diesel fuel pre-heater, heated drivers seat, rear passenger heater and heated door mirrors.

Many SSR-Xs and even LTDs have recaro seats, Sat Nav etc.

Have a good look around this forum and you will find all the answers. Good luck.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

I found some by searching but I am sure there are others I may have left off. This will also help others seadching for the same thing.

Can anybody add more !!

Comment

Originally posted by suga
            .....Surf SSR-G, either a 2nd or 3rd gen....
            INTERIOR
            Recaro Seats
            Heated Seats
            Rear Heater
            wood trim
            climate control
            leather trim Don't think this was available on 2nd Gen
            Cruise control & Overdrive Overdrive is standard on all 2nd & 3rd Gen Auto Surfs
            EXTERIOR
            Widebody Kit
            rear spoiler
            wind deflectors
            Side steps
            Front Bull Bar with spots
            Roof Rack
            Rear door mounted spare
            ELECTRICAL
            DVD Don't think this was available on 2nd Gen
            TV
            Satellite
            Electric mirrors & windows (Including Electric Tail Window) Elec tail window standard on all models
            SRC, with separate CD player
            6 Disc CD changer (in back)
            Cassette/radio/equaliser
            ABS on later 2nd Gens, all 3rd Gens

You may be better splitting the list into 2, to cover the different Gens.
            #
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

I have one!

Automatic light sensor. Came as an add on with the car and is great. Never need to touch light switch, so never forget to turn off or on.
              Was in Barbados last year for Christmas, but no where this year as builders,electricians and plumbers have all my money. And why when moving, do they say, i am moving to a new house, when its 100 years old?
              Rgds Philip
              Still Searching,
              Dick Whittington

Comment

If you live in Jamaca why do you need HEATED SEATS. When I was there (1976) it was all hot sun,golden sands and rum.Very nice,oh yeah, welcome to surfizum.
                If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

I dont want all these, just want to compile a list for myself and any other member who may be wondering also. And yes it is dam hot for heated seats.

Comment

nudge bar with winch
                    turbo timer
                    rear heater
                    altimeter
                    inclinometer?
                    sunroof
                    mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                      Hi and welcome to the forum.
                      If you do a search on model specifications, you will find that the Japanese fit so many options, that the difference between the models is blurred.
                      For example, I have a 1992 2.4L TD SSR-X. It has a sun roof, which was only standard on the SSR-G. It has air conditioning (which I believe was an OE on the SSR-X) It has the winter Pack (you probably won't need it in sunny Jamaica) which includes twin batteries, diesel fuel pre-heater, heated drivers seat, rear passenger heater and heated door mirrors.

Many SSR-Xs and even LTDs have recaro seats, Sat Nav etc.

Have a good look around this forum and you will find all the answers. Good luck.

Hey hey ! Heated drivers seat!!!? Wheres the button for that? I got an SSR-X with aircon, twin batteries and rear passenger heater and not tried for heated mirrors but if I have a heated drivers seat I will be over the moon!
                      Tim
                      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                        Hey hey ! Heated drivers seat!!!? Wheres the button for that? I got an SSR-X with aircon, twin batteries and rear passenger heater and not tried for heated mirrors but if I have a heated drivers seat I will be over the moon!
                        It appears to be on a thermostat and only comes on when the cabin temp is below 5C. mmmmmmmm toasty.
                        It's only a hobby!

Comment

The list is growing but i am sure there is more that we are forgetting. Also what is a good FM band enpander on the market today

Comment

Originally posted by suga
                            The list is growing but i am sure there is more that we are forgetting. Also what is a good FM band enpander on the market today
                            If you read prior posts on the forum, the general opinion is that there isn't a good one on the market.
                            Maurice
                            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
                            X