What is law on warranty in Scotland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is law on warranty in Scotland?

Is there anyone in Scotland that is up-to-date with the buying a car law????
    I bought my surf two months ago from a small garage, when buying her I asked if I had a warranty which I was told no not with a vehicle that old and cheep (1990 & £3400).
    Since then I have been greeted with the dreaded head goblin, leaking oil loosing water the usual need a new head symptoms. In England iv been told you get a 3 month warranty by law what I need to know is do you get this in Scotland. The replacement cost of a new head is not appealing to me. Can any one help?

That pesky car salesman again!

Trading Standards in Scotland. http://www.scotss.org.uk/pages/contacts.htm

Comment

Also read this. http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/c...v0003-0100.txt

Comment

I`m almost certain the law in Scotland is the same as England, 3 months warrenty on all defects.

Comment

Thanks Andy after reading the article from Scottish borders trading standards I think I might have some come back after all. I’ll phone the garage tomorrow and test the water if they are accommodating then nice one if not I’ll try take it further. Cheers for now

Comment

Tell them you have spoken to TRADING STANDARDS & they have advised you to contact the garage with your problem as they are very keen to help you out. PUT THE FRIGHTENERS UP THEM A BIT. Its also handy to take a friend as a witness.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

That’s exactly what im going to say mark and I hope it works. A wee bit worried that I can’t find recite but it shouldn’t matter. When the car first started over heating and I checked her out I found she had no thermostat so since I bought her iv put a new thermostat in and changed the coolant, im a wee bit concerned that if they were to take her in that the change in coolant from green to red would make them think I had been tampering. Just not to sure on the legality of these things. They bother me a lot.

Comment

Working...
              X