yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

off road sites and planning permission...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off road sites and planning permission...

i have a client looking to invest in some land and he wants to set up an off road site...does anyone have any experience of this....what sort of planning problems...what area of land would be neded for a decent site etc etc....??
    thanks...
    NOGGIN: '96 3.0L TD SSR-G Electric blue...
    'Rum:so much more than a breakfast drink'!

would be interested too as I know someone thinking of the same thing perhaps if i convince him... I want to help him set it up if it ever happens
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

As long as the proposed site is not too close to houses and change of use is granted, then it should not be too much of a problem. Noise seems to be the biggest problem affecting off road sites. (See devilspit.co.uk) The planning authority will need convincing that you will clear any mud that might get spread down the road from the site.

Hope it works out OK. We will have to come down and christen it
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

thanks-will keep you posted!

Comment

Probably not quite the answers you are looking for, but this will give you an idea of what off roaders are looking for:
          http://www.difflock.com/discus/messa...tml?1096972845
          Perhaps it would be a good idea if you ignore the thread about the 'dancing girls'!!!
          Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

WHAT!! Bring on the dancing girls I say..........

Comment

hi noggintheNog

I am well interested in this prospect. I live in Somerset, originally from Bristol and up that way most weekends. Is the site around bristol - sounds cool, I always look forward to the chance to get my surf dirty.
              "disinclined to acquiesce your proposition - NO"

Comment

you can use any land occasionaly, maximum of 14 days a year... but that is 14 days for each activity... i.e. 4x4 once a month, moto-x once a month, boot sale once a month makes 36 days and all within the law... depositing mud on the road is something for the drivers to worry about but you would be best getting insurance... look at the motor sports association website for details.

edit, nope!... try = http://www.msauk.org/
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

ok-will keep bristol surfers posted-a lot of people are investing in parcels of land at present and a local 4x4 area would be very welcome and commercially lucrative if supported well-it's also quite nice when it's not your own money too!!

Comment

Working...
                  X