Driving a car after a Surf is the pits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving a car after a Surf is the pits

I am selling my Surf (see sales!), replacing it for now is a Nissan Estate car. I am getting a bargain off a family member and its not a bad car; Air con, loads of electrics etc but man, its no Surf.

Sitting on the floor is horrible, everything feels weak and weedy to touch, the seats are like comparing a Doctors waiting room to the Surfs gentlemans club. The engines like a squeaking mouse next to a grumbling Tiger.

Even the boot seems tiny!

Still, could be worse

Had a lift in a Clio tonight, now that did scare me, the outside of the door must only be 4inch from me on the inside..... the thought of a car hitting, yeeeeeks

DONT DO IT MATE
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Sell the nissan and then buy lots of mods with the proceeds.....

Comment

Originally posted by RobF
        I am selling my Surf (see sales!), replacing it for now is a Nissan Estate car. I am getting a bargain off a family member and its not a bad car; Air con, loads of electrics etc but man, its no Surf.

Sitting on the floor is horrible, everything feels weak and weedy to touch, the seats are like comparing a Doctors waiting room to the Surfs gentlemans club. The engines like a squeaking mouse next to a grumbling Tiger.

Even the boot seems tiny!

Still, could be worse

Had a lift in a Clio tonight, now that did scare me, the outside of the door must only be 4inch from me on the inside..... the thought of a car hitting, yeeeeeks
        Certainly one hell of a driving experience isn't it....Drove down to our Crewe Offices loaded up with computer equipment in the back, installed the equipment, back to the office in Manchester to see if all is okay and then straight onto Blackburn office..

Got out of the car feeling fresh as a daisy and not a care in the world...loads of other cars just passing me by....even the hold ups on the motorway didn't bother me like it used to.

good thing the fuel is paid for by the company!
        Gaz

Comment

have to agree - driving the Surf isnt really tiring. I still feel alert when I finish a long trip... same as driving Dads LC. Nice to be able to see danger coming early being higher up than most too.
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I think

Part of the reason they make a trip easy is because you just don't mind sitting there and enjoying the view, it's not hard work. In a car you just want to get it over with and that makes the trip seem even longer.

I also like the idea that I could just drive up the embankment and go around the traffic. I know we don't do that, its just nice knowing you could so it takes away the feeling of being trapped!

Comment

Driving an Astra today while the Surf is having warranty work done, gawd

Low down
              Gear changing
              feels like a roller skate

I want my surf back

Trev
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                Driving an Astra today while the Surf is having warranty work done, gawd

Low down
                Gear changing
                feels like a roller skate

I want my surf back

Trev
                Although in my case, today is actually the first day I questioned buying my Surf - we were at a rolling road shootout in Haywards Heath with lots of high power cars but I was just a spectator as I sold my toy for the Surf...

Don't regret it though - it's great fun for 'the practical car', just a different type of driving experience and I'm always relaxed at the end of any journey I do in it.
                Last edited by Snoop; 20 November 2004, 17:57.
                Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Now that I've sold my old Surf and waiting for the new one I have had to resort to driving my youngest son's car that we got for him to learn to drive in round the farm.

It's a Citroen AX, G reg, 109,000mls, and wait for it..... the original manual choke (I had almost forgotten what that was). It also smokes like an old tar boiler and does well if it hits 50mph with a tail wind! It's only just better than walking and I'm counting the days 'till the new Surf arrives.

Comment

Working...
                  X