yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In trouble from the missus...fish-tailing 4runner..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In trouble from the missus...fish-tailing 4runner..

Got a grumpy e-mail from the wife,
    shes on 1/2-day afternoon off, so took the 4runner to work, I took the subaru as i drive further (and better mpg in the forester)
    We had an inch of snow overnight and neither of us have tried the 4runner out in snow yet.

Although i'd told her how and when to engage 4wd, she drove a couple of miles on back roads, with the back end sliding and fish-tailing about in the snow before she stuck it into 4wd and fish-tailing stopped!!

All my fault of course!

I was suprised that the chunky mud-tyres wouldnt have coped better, but then again with all that torque going to the relatively light back end of the truck!

she will probably want to take the subaru forester next time as its AWD and so she wont have to pull any levers!
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

Originally posted by andycook
    Got a grumpy e-mail from the wife,
    shes on 1/2-day afternoon off, so took the 4runner to work, I took the subaru as i drive further (and better mpg in the forester)
    We had an inch of snow overnight and neither of us have tried the 4runner out in snow yet.

Although i'd told her how and when to engage 4wd, she drove a couple of miles on back roads, with the back end sliding and fish-tailing about in the snow before she stuck it into 4wd and fish-tailing stopped!!

All my fault of course!

I was suprised that the chunky mud-tyres wouldnt have coped better, but then again with all that torque going to the relatively light back end of the truck!

she will probably want to take the subaru forester next time as its AWD and so she wont have to pull any levers!
    Has she no sense of fun, fish tailing is all part of the fun of driving a Surf
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

No if that had been my missus, I would never get another drive in the surf !!!!

Mind you the grin would have been welded on then

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Uh oh, don't let Lottie read this - she made me sell my Carlton GSI for my fishtailing and drifting antics, I'll stand no chance with a fishtailing 4x4! My own fault though, she woke up as I was drifting off a roundabout, the car was facing the central reservation before I snapped it back and she went nuts!!
        Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
          Uh oh, don't let Lottie read this - she made me sell my Carlton GSI for my fishtailing and drifting antics, I'll stand no chance with a fishtailing 4x4! My own fault though, she woke up as I was drifting off a roundabout, the car was facing the central reservation before I snapped it back and she went nuts!!
          Has she forgiven you yet for missing the Isle of Wight last sunday ?

Trev

Comment

he he he, don't think my missus will be questioning my fishtailing.........after her own little fishtail
            Attached Files

Comment

Now that's an OUCH

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                Has she forgiven you yet for missing the Isle of Wight last sunday ?

Trev
                I had my Appendix out last weekend while on business in Denmark so she had to fly out - excuses don't come much better then that!!! Up for some off-roading though so keeping our eye on the events. Mind you, this snow could be fun if it keeps up overnight!
                Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
                  I had my Appendix out last weekend while on business in Denmark so she had to fly out - excuses don't come much better then that!!! Up for some off-roading though so keeping our eye on the events. Mind you, this snow could be fun if it keeps up overnight!
                  If you are feeling up for it, take a look at the Salisbury Plain run next sunday.

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by Fieldsy
                    he he he, don't think my missus will be questioning my fishtailing.........after her own little fishtail

Comment

Originally posted by Fieldsy
                      OUCH...right everyone..whos up for parts? LOL
                      Gaz

Comment

Working...
                      X