Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermic tyres?

Hi all

Has anybody out there had any experience with Thermic tyres?
    I live in Italy, about 2500ft up in the mountains. The summers are long and hot and the winters often 10 - 15 degrees below and a lot of snow and ice. At the mo im running on Falken Landairs but the tread cannot seem to cope with the muddy land around my farmhouse as its at an angle of about 20 degrees and often gets stuck. Im quite happy to put up with some noisy 80/20 off road tyres but does anybody know the best way to go?

Wol

Originally posted by googlethorpe
    Hi all

Has anybody out there had any experience with Thermic tyres?
    I live in Italy, about 2500ft up in the mountains. The summers are long and hot and the winters often 10 - 15 degrees below and a lot of snow and ice. At the mo im running on Falken Landairs but the tread cannot seem to cope with the muddy land around my farmhouse as its at an angle of about 20 degrees and often gets stuck. Im quite happy to put up with some noisy 80/20 off road tyres but does anybody know the best way to go?

Wol
    Many rate the BFG MT's (80/20) had them on my surf and now my pick up, great off road and on rad to. Almost no noise whats so ever, only noise i get is on hard cornering other than that quiet. For a cheaper alternative try the Kuhmo a few on here have them and seem very happy with them.
    For an in between look at BFG AT's (50/50), again seen them off road and very capable and good on the road.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Sounds like you just need a good set of Mud Terrains, look for BF Goodrich or Kumho, both are good offroad bias tyres that work fine on the road. There are other to, but only had these myself.

How about a set of really aggressive offroad tyre on a spare set of rims for the winter, and normal tyres rest of the time. Someting like Interco SSR's or TSL's or even Boggers will get you going.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
      X