Cooper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooper

Nobody ever seems to mention 'Cooper' tyres. I had a set of 265/75r15's on my stock wheels for 2 years and still had 6mm on them.
    Now i have 'Cooper Discoverer Radial STT 33's on and they are brilliant. Very nice tread pattern and holes for studs if you wan to do some ice racing . Very hard to get this size in Ireland but just ordered two for the front from 'Formula 4x4' and will have them Tues. The rears seem to be wearing really well. Being 33's i have them at a much lower pressure to stop bouncing all over the road. 25psi at the moment.
    Cheers
    Del
    Attached Files
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Great tyres and the name is brilliant, they would look great on my Surf as its my surname. How much did you pay for them??
    [SIZE=7]The Crafty Carper[/SIZE]

Comment

£99 + vat. When you go up to 33" tyre prices go through the roof.
      Derek :
      1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
      [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Everything I've read about the STTs has been good so far...

Comment

We have several vehicles with Cooper Discovery LT's on. They make an annoying whirring noise at over 69km/hr and they seem to pick up lots of small stones and other rubbish in the little slots in the tread blocks (I think these are called stipes???)

They were quite cheap and they have better than average grip in the wet so theyre probably worth having.

Comment

These are STT's which are Mud Terrain. Before i went on honeymoon to France i got 2 new ones put on the front. After 2000 kilometres in 2 weeks they are still perfectly balanced. They are also brilliant in the wet. Far better than the LT's i had on the front before them.
            Derek :
            1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by *Turandot*
              ....they seem to pick up lots of small stones and other rubbish in the little slots in the tread blocks (I think these are called stipes???).......better than average grip in the wet so theyre probably worth having.
              They're called snipes, and are supposed to vastly improve grip, seems to be a mod often done to tyres for offroading in the states on tyres which arn't originally sniped
              Maurice
              Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
              X