yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General Grabber UHP tyres. Good for winter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Grabber UHP tyres. Good for winter?

My new Surf has General Grabber UHP tyres fitted. On the whole, what are they like? Is it worth upgrading them for everyday road use? Is it worth getting winter-specific tyres for the colder months?

Theyre fine for all round use, and as long as they have good tread will be ok in winter. Dont waste money on winter tyres just make sure you have good all terrains on there.

Mud terrains are good in snow.
    well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
      Theyre fine for all round use, and as long as they have good tread will be ok in winter.
      That's good to hear. They look new and I didn't want to have to fork out on another set of new boots.

Comment

The 4wd system, good tyres and a cautious/experienced driver in a surf are more than capable of handling winter, but dont fall victim to the 4wd trap. Which is expecting the truck to do the work for you and finding yourself in a hedge

Comment

I've seen plenty of 4WDs that have been off-road when they were not supposed to be due to the drivers expecting too much from them. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Theyre fine for all round use, and as long as they have good tread will be ok in winter. Dont waste money on winter tyres just make sure you have good all terrains on there.

Mud terrains are good in snow.

Actually, M/T tyres are worse in snow than A/Ts.

Comment

Hmm mine gripped like shite to a blanket

Comment

Hmm mine gripped like shite to a blanket

Maybe, but then you live where the snow is weak.

Seriously though, A/Ts are better in the snow than mud tyres.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  Maybe, but then you live where the snow is weak.

Seriously though, A/Ts are better in the snow than mud tyres.
                  :nods:

Self cleaning large tread blocks arn't what you want in the snow, snow packed in the treads sticks to snow on the ground, like making a snowball.

But don't worry, it makes little odd in reality, M/T's really suck on proper ice though.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I can vouch for M/T's being useless in snow, especially when you move up to 33's, too little bite too much float, unless the snow is really really heavy!

Comment

Working...
                    X