2nd Gen standard wheel size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Gen standard wheel size

I have a 1993 2nd Gen Hilux Surf, 2.4 TD which has 215/80 R15 tyres on 15 x 6JJ alloy wheels, can anyone tell me what the largest size tyre is that will fit on these rims? A web site calculator I've found gives 225 as the maximum width and ratio 80 will give 16mm extra in diameter which isn't worth bothering about, and this size seems pretty rare as well.
    Does this mean I am best changing the rims to something bigger?
    can anyone tell me what width rim size does the 265/70R15 or 31x10.5/15 fit on?

Cheers,
    Phil.
    Sorry, 15" x 6 JJ rims
    Last edited by Chevydancer; 20 October 2010, 19:22.

Originally posted by Chevydancer View Post
    I have a 1993 2nd Gen Hilux Surf, 2.4 TD which has 215/80 R15 tyres on 16x6JJ alloy wheels, can anyone tell me what the largest size tyre is that will fit on these rims? A web site calculator I've found gives 225 as the maximum width and ratio 80 will give 16mm extra in diameter which isn't worth bothering about, and this size seems pretty rare as well.
    Does this mean I am best changing the rims to something bigger?

Cheers,
    Phil.
    Let me get this straight you have 15" tyres stretched onto 16" rims

Comment

Originally posted by Chevydancer View Post

Cheers,
      Phil.
      6,7 or 8" rims.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Sorry Guys, rims are 15 x 6 JJ - typo.
        Phil.

Comment

i got a set of 265/70/15 for sale bridgestone's and if you need them got a ste of allys to 07523560124 and not far from you mate
          http://www.mudmuppet.com

Comment

Hi Luke, thanks for the offer, just got a set of 215x80R15 - standard size as probably only doing road driving this winter.

Comment

my surf came equipped with 265/70/15's on the stock 15x7" alloys, and I'm in the process of swapping those off and replacing them with 31x10.5x5's, and there isnt any clearance or fitting issues with them

Comment

Strange thing, was in the Toyota dealership the other day ordering few parts and they told me that my Jap. import Hilux surf ssrx 1993 - is down on Toyota system as 16" inch rims.
                I don't know, there's 15" aftermarket alloys on it, they do look a bit small for the space in the wheel arches so maybe they should be 16" ?? anyone know for sure?

Comment

Toyota are probably looking at the 3rd gen wheels and not the 2nd gens or even they may be looking at the Hilux wheels instead of Hilux Surf.
                  The 2nd gen wheels were/are 15x7's or 15x8's
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                    Toyota are probably looking at the 3rd gen wheels and not the 2nd gens or even they may be looking at the Hilux wheels instead of Hilux Surf.
                    The 2nd gen wheels were/are 15x7's or 15x8's
                    Thanks!! for putting me straight on that, also I'll ask Toyota when making my final parts order to double check the parts they quoted me for incase they've been looking at wrong model on their books - he saw the surf and checked the engine no. so I guess he made mistake reading the computer catalogue.
                    Thanks

Comment

16" wheels will go on a 2nd gen no prob but you can't fit the 2nd gen 15" wheels to a 3rd gen as they are too small
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by BarraSSRX View Post
                        Strange thing, was in the Toyota dealership the other day ordering few parts and they told me that my Jap. import Hilux surf ssrx 1993 - is down on Toyota system as 16" inch rims.
                        I don't know, there's 15" aftermarket alloys on it, they do look a bit small for the space in the wheel arches so maybe they should be 16" ?? anyone know for sure?
                        I've never seen any genuine 16" wheels on a 2nd Gen (apart from retrofitted 3rd Gen ones). All Hilux pickups all have 16" rims from the factory, they might have been confused
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                        X