KUMHO KL71 MT's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KUMHO KL71 MT's

Bought these a few weeks ago & i think there awesome.
    I was apprehensive about getting mud terrains because they are notoriously loud at high speeds. Could'nt be happier with the noise levels of these tyres, theres a little rumble off them after 40/45mph but its very acceptable & soon you wont even notice.
    They have a fairly aggressive mud pattern that can cope with most environments, i found them to be excellent in huge deep mud ruts especially going up steep hills. Ive also driven on sand & they seemed surprisingly resistant to digging in.
    Ive had them for almost three months at this stage & they seem to be wearing very slowly.

Good points - Value for money, quiet for MT's, awesome in mud, grip as well as AT's in the rain, they look cool!

Bad points - Theres a little noise off them at certain speeds but hey? they are mud terrains.

Disclaimer; im no expert on 4x4 tyres so there may be better alternatives on the market but this is my view on this product.

Comparison vs Kumho 834 (old model M/T)?

Hi fonecrusher1,

Any chance you also used other Kumho M/T tryres before. Could you give us a comparison? What pressures do you run on the road?

In a 33 x 12.5 x R15 with Kunho 834s I run 25psi on the road and 20 for mud or sand. If I got desperate on the sand I would go down to 10psi but, for now, I don`t have an on-board air pump so the risk of getting a puncture after leaving the sand is too high to risk it be default.

Come to think of it, anyone know a good air pump?

Cheers,
    Jon.

Comment

[QUOTE=fonecrusher1;602008]Bought these a few weeks ago & i think there awesome.

Good points - Value for money, quiet for MT's, awesome in mud, grip as well as AT's in the rain, they look cool!

How much were they please and where did you get them cheers
      www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
        I was apprehensive about getting mud terrains because they are notoriously loud at high speeds. Could'nt be happier with the noise levels of these tyres, theres a little rumble off them after 40/45mph but its very acceptable & soon you wont even notice.
        They have a fairly aggressive mud pattern that can cope with most environments, i found them to be excellent in huge deep mud ruts especially going up steep hills. Ive also driven on sand & they seemed surprisingly resistant to digging in.
        Ive had them for almost three months at this stage & they seem to be wearing very slowly.

Bad points - Theres a little noise off them at certain speeds but hey? they are mud terrains.

Disclaimer; im no expert on 4x4 tyres so there may be better alternatives on the market but this is my view on this product.
        Can you keep us posted on the mileage you get out of them mate, im not due new tyres for a few months yet but when the time arrives i would concider a set if they wear well.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

[QUOTE=Tiger;602855]
          Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post

How much were they please and where did you get them cheers
          I got mine from Roughtrax, they were the cheapest at the time. £90 i think.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
            Can you keep us posted on the mileage you get out of them mate, im not due new tyres for a few months yet but when the time arrives i would concider a set if they wear well.
            Yup no problem.
            I honestly cant see any thread wear on them yet & ive had them since late August.

Comment

Originally posted by Ptarmigan View Post
              Hi fonecrusher1,

Any chance you also used other Kumho M/T tryres before. Could you give us a comparison? What pressures do you run on the road?

In a 33 x 12.5 x R15 with Kunho 834s I run 25psi on the road and 20 for mud or sand. If I got desperate on the sand I would go down to 10psi but, for now, I don`t have an on-board air pump so the risk of getting a puncture after leaving the sand is too high to risk it be default.

Come to think of it, anyone know a good air pump?

Cheers,
              Jon.
              Hello there,

This is the first time ive bought Kumho's Jon, I really wouldnt have a clue about any other version of this brand,
              I run my own tyres at 28 psi as i spend most of my time on roads.

As for the air pump, ask in the general section where you might catch the attention of the real experts on this forum.

Comment

OK will do; thanks and hope you find some mud (or snow) soon. Good luck! :-)

Comment

Working...
                X