Tyre question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre question!

Although it got through the MOT I was advised that the Bridgestones I currently have on the truck are starting to show signs of wear and will need replacing in the near future. The Bridgestones have done 30000 miles mainly road use. I tow a caravan and we use farmer's fields for camping at times and sometimes the fields can be very muddy especially in winter so would need a tyre that could from from time to time drag the caravan out of mud, but 95% is used on the road. General Grabbers seem pretty good but so do BFGs. The Surf is not lifted at present although sometimes I wish it were but then the towbar hitch for the caravan will be too high up and cause problems when towing.
    And advice please and where to buy at the best price?
    Last edited by Surf01; 22 March 2009, 15:59.

the general grabber at2 and bfg at both would fit the bill perfectly as would cooper discoverer s/t .In order of longevity it would almost certainly be BFG followed by cooper followed by general. You may find the coopers marginally noisier as they are probably a touch more aggresive than the other two.

BFG if the budget is unlimited, the others should be about 2/3rds of the price so it's a toss up between the two for a better value option.

I'll get slaughtered for this, but as good as the BFGs are I wouldn't be able to justify BFG prices unless i was pushing 30,000 miles or more a year. In which case i'd probably get a purely road biassed tyre anyway and then i'd write off the BFGs because of that.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

I can only speak from experiance, but I've just replaced my Khumo ATs, with Khumo ATs, at £90 a corner (31x10.5xr15). I only got stuck twice and that was December when they were close to racing slicks .
      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Working...
      X