X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnsiddle View Post
    Thanks Mate.
    I will have a search around.
    What worries me most about the ones I am using is the slippery backend when accelerating around roundabouts.
    if u have any luck let me know lol,mine 3.0 with bigger turbo,i have that trouble wet or dry,im on firestone wilderness tyres,slide all over lol

Comment

Thanks Mate.
      I will have a search around.
      What worries me most about the ones I am using is the slippery backend when accelerating around roundabouts.

Why would ya be accelerating round roundabouts/corners ????

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

re

Doh!!!

I find if I dont accelerate around corners and roundabouts I tend to stop half way unless I hit them at about 40, then I make my own roundabouts.
        JS

Comment

Can recommend BFG ATs wholeheartedly. They are superb on wet roads.

However, just drive within the limits of your vehicle and the conditions and there's no issue.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            However, just drive within the limits of your vehicle and the conditions and there's no issue.
            hehe well said Andy....
            One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Speeding around corners

Hi Guy's, I was'nt saying I speed around roundabouts or corners, you have to use some gas to get round and these 3ltr's are quite torqy, but the tires I have on 275x70x16 Faulken Landair tires although they have a good nobbly tread probably OK off road deffo dont stick too well to the blackstuff when wet.
              I had reason to break a bit hard cuz someone thought they would overtake a tractor coming towards me whilst going around a bend and my back end snaked something frightening (also a wet road)

Just had a thought, years ago (I am quite old) when all cars were rear drive we used to put a couple of bags of sand in the boot, I wonder if fitting a second veggie (old Landy tank) tank in the spare wheel bay would hold it down at the back, obviously I would need to fill it with veggie.
              They must be quite heavy when full, I could then say it was for ballast.

Any comments???
              JS

Comment

I do recall a few people on here metioning putting weight in the back. Cant say I've ever had to myself. I find the Surf rear end relatively harmless to be honest, and thats on a 5" lift with no ARBs.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Light backend

Perhaps the BFG's are the answer will follow that route to start with.
                  I cant gelieve the torq difference between my old 2.4 and this 3ltr.
                  John

Comment

Hi Guy's, I was'nt saying I speed around roundabouts or corners, you have to use some gas to get round and these 3ltr's are quite torqy, but the tires I have on 275x70x16 Faulken Landair tires although they have a good nobbly tread probably OK off road deffo dont stick too well to the blackstuff when wet.
                    I had reason to break a bit hard cuz someone thought they would overtake a tractor coming towards me whilst going around a bend and my back end snaked something frightening (also a wet road)

Just had a thought, years ago (I am quite old) when all cars were rear drive we used to put a couple of bags of sand in the boot, I wonder if fitting a second veggie (old Landy tank) tank in the spare wheel bay would hold it down at the back, obviously I would need to fill it with veggie.
                    They must be quite heavy when full, I could then say it was for ballast.

Any comments???
                    JS
                    lol i had to do that with my old manta,it had the rangie 3.9 in it,and solid jag back axle ,god those were the days

Comment

I would check the shocks before splashing out on tyres. My V6 developed a habit of breaking out the rear end at seemingly random intervals and was found to have three of four shocks leaking.

Are the Falken tyres you've got on the originals from Japan? They are a much harded compound than British tyres and don't really grip much.

If you're 95% on road, plus some snow, I can whole-heartedly recommend BFG long trails, which will give you a hell of a lot more grip on a road than ATs.

Comment

Backend probs

Hi Guys.
                        Possibly you are both right.
                        I am suspicious of the shocks, two are bit oily (one in front and one at back).
                        Yes the Falken Landairs are the orig Jap ones.
                        So I guess both will be going. a pity cuz the tires have only done about 7k.

Will sell them with the wheels, I am sure they will be useful to someone..
                        JS

Comment

Working...
                        X