33" tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 33" tyres

How much difference do 33" tyres make to the performance of a 3.0td, both acceleration and top speed.

Originally posted by davidwilson666
    How much difference do 33" tyres make to the performance of a 3.0td, both acceleration and top speed.
    You'll notice a drop in acceleration, and MPG, but in theory it'll got faster for the same revs. But rarely does as you've got to give it more throttle to overcome the higher gearing.

Its not much on a 3.0, and quite liveable with. Only really noticed it on our truck when towing or trying to accelerate when going up hills on the motorway. The extra effort made it get hot quicker than on 31's, so think about a decent ATF cooler as well.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Another question (or two), will 33x12.5 R15 tyres fit on the standard alloy rim? (15x7 I think) And does anyone running 33s use ATs or are they all MTs at that size? Not sure what to do tbh, would like to give my truck 2" body and 2" sus llift, but suspect it will look odd running on 31"s, but I do a fair old mileage in my truck, and don't really want 15mpg.

Comment

265/75-16s are just a fraction over 31", and they look OK on a truck with 3" (at the back) sus lift and 2" bodylift.

The Lovely Boyo runs 33's on 7" rims (and on rough offroad) with no problem, though tyre fitters recommend 8" minimum width, and preferably 10"
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

i'm runing 33x12.5x16 on 7" rims.

the guy from sowden tyres didnt recomend ,it but sayed that he would do it, and has done it before.

i myself have had no probs what so ever, either on or off road with 12.5 wide tyre on 7" rims. and they do get a bit of stick off road.

i have a 2.4, i noticed a drop in power aftre fitting the 33"s, but i dont think you have to worrie.

i went for greenway machos, they are cheap and chearful, but do the job, and they are just as quiet as my BFG mud terrains on the road.

hope this helps

cheers cotty

Comment

Working...
          X