Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenway Machos 33''

Hello,

Fitted a set of Greenway Machos last week. http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28356 for lots of details.

This is what I have found -
    1. Much noiser on the road than the Maxxis 751 that I currently use.
    2. Less road holding
    3. Going from 31's to 33's = big dent in accelration and at leat 25% worse fuel economy.
    4. All forgiven because in the mud on The Plain = AMAZING

General point, if you have a 2.4l and you're going up to 33'' tyres you should seriously consider regearing the diffs.
    Another member of the 'A' team

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
    Hello,

Fitted a set of Greenway Machos last week. http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28356 for lots of details.

2. Less road holding
    3. Going from 31's to 33's = big dent in accelration and at leat 25% worse fuel economy.

General point, if you have a 2.4l and you're going up to 33'' tyres you should seriously consider regearing the diffs.

Or change that lump of pig iron under the hood!!

Comment

Hello,

2. Less road holding

I cant remember wot lift you have is it the full 4" that is said to be required for 33"s or did you manage with less height.
      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Don't forget your odometer is going to be way out so the fuel consumption will look worse than it really is - does that make you feel better
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
          Don't forget your odometer is going to be way out so the fuel consumption will look worse than it really is - does that make you feel better
          How far out do you recon. With my 33's on i can only get to 75mph down hill with the wind behind me!!! What you recon the true speed would be???
          www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

What you need to do is look at a chart like this http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/specs...t-a-ko/44.html

Look up the revs/mile for your original tyres and for your new tyres and the ratio between the two is how far out your speedo is. Of course this doesn't take into account the fact that your speedo was probably wrong in the first place so the best thing is to blag a gps unit and check the speed with that.
            Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

I've got a 1 1/2'' body lift and the Land Cruiser rear springs = about 3'' and gently cranked the front torsion bars.

Fuel economy was deffo much worse - I was shoving fuel in all the time!

Comment

Speed is for Corsa drivers. Fuel economy is for Prius drivers. Big tyred muddy trucks are compensating for other things. I must have a very small................

Who gives a whatsit about fuel/speed. I dont need them on the plains!

Lol!
                I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Originally posted by Danno

Lol!
                  Just a truck that works...............

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Speed is for Corsa drivers. Fuel economy is for Prius drivers. Big tyred muddy trucks are compensating for other things. I must have a very small................

Lol!

AMEN dude!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

Minor problem! Just break someone elses!

See! Why do you think Jotto needs a new alternator?

I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

Ouch!

I'm doing over 1000kms a week at the mo and the truck is my primary mode. So road tyres are back on.

When getting muddy my choice will be to change them before travelling or take them and change them when arrived - I'll have to do some grand prix training to get my changeover times down.

I may be changing jobs in the spring (company car = 5 series beemer 3.0td) if it happens the machos will be back on.

Comment

Minor problem! Just break someone elses!

See! Why do you think Jotto needs a new alternator?

hehe, remind me never you give you lift in our trucks.....

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I bl00dy knew it.

Popped down the shops in the Focus and returned with a misfire. Replaced plugs and leads, still the same.

I'm flaming cursed with vehicles.

Only got the Berlingo and the Caddy vans to go and I'm bussing it.
                            I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

gfdrtewq

the sky the limit shod it on the hi side
                              S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

Working...
                              X