Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great big Bronco Grizzly Claws

Hi

Having just bought a 4" lift (2" suspension, 2" body) I'm turning my attention towards new tyres to replace the underwhelming Desert Duellers. I'm inclined towards some 285/75R16 Bronco Grizzly Claws at a very reasonable sounding £111. But I have some doubts.

These are retreads. Are retreaded tyres heavier and generally less flexible than new ones? Anyone any experience of this tyre? Actually, considering that this isn't a new tyre, is £111 expensive?

And they are speed rated to 90mph which, I think on stock tyres the Surf is capable of exceeding. So are they road legal?

The more I look into options and alternatives, the less sure I am of the right way forwards. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    1993 KZN130 - progressively getting bigger!

I am running on 31x15 Bronco dirt devils . Not great on road , very noisey , out of balance , and wearing out quick as best suited to off road use . But they look good .
    TonyN and others have run bigger 'boggers' so they could give you some info on those .
    Why not consider some Colways if they do the size you want ? Good remould at a good price .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Try the New Kumho KL71's, I have 4off 31/10.5/15 for £307. and a few pence all in. I think they are Coooool. I have had a lot of peeps saying "Look at them Tyres, I bet they cost you a bit!"
      I like Orientals

Comment

If you want good manners on the road try the Pro-Comp X-Terrain .
        They are only adequate off road tho'
        Should be able to get them in 33" for the money you are talking about.
        The Grizzlies are the nuts off road !
        Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Working...
        X