• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toyo - open country a/t

just got 4 new tyres

toyo a/t open country 275/70/16 good tread pattern

had a blow out from the grand treks - they had been on the truck since 94
    (apparently there is a manuf date on the tyre) there was considerable cracking in the grooves of the tread due to how old they were - had a pretty uncomfortable ride for a while - new tyres seem to have fixed this
    NO MORE TRUCK

I also have quite bad cracking on all 4 of my tyres but didn't know about the manufacturing date thing and they've passed 2 MOT's.I'm getting new tyres fitted tomorrow more for piece of mind than anything else.Managed to get a great deal through a friend of someone at work who works for a coachworks and getting a local garage to fit them.Can't believe the price of tyres from the likes of kwik fit etc.The best deal they said they could do was for michelin, buy 4 pay for 3,total price £500 !!!!

Comment

I know this is an old thread but "THUMPER" if your still around can you give me your opinion on the toyo's please or anyone else who has got/had them.

Cheers si.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I know its not answering your question exactly but im running toyo mt's at the moment ( well the last year ).

Great tyre and really good on the road, very quiet for an mt as well. Seem to be wearing really well and I do alot of road miles on them.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by palmerbloke View Post
          I know its not answering your question exactly but im running toyo mt's at the moment ( well the last year ).

Great tyre and really good on the road, very quiet for an mt as well. Seem to be wearing really well and I do alot of road miles on them.

Tony
          TBH i prefer the look of the M/T but thought it woud be a bit loud on a motorway & also wear too fast.

How many miles hove you done on them so far?
          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Have done about 5000 miles on them mostly a-roads and town driving which in Cumbria equals rough as f@ck in the most part.
            Been up the motorway to Drumclog a few times with them as well I thought they wernt that bad for noise at a steady 70-80 saying that i like my music loud lol...really good in the mud considering that imo there not that aggressive looking.

On the roads they are quieter than the falken ditchfinder at's that I had on before, they are holding up really well wear wise

Comment

Working...
            X