Colway A/T's Vs. BFG A/T's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colway A/T's Vs. BFG A/T's

So it seems baby needs new shoes - unfortunately we are about to have our first real baby, so Daddy is on a serious budget.
    I have looked through loads of threads and articles on different tyres, but now I want your guys opinions.
    I've been running Bridgestone Duellers, but haven't been comfortable with their performance and durability (eg. I keep losing the back end and they're nearly knackered after 15K miles).
    I have noted peoples like for the BFG's, and also have seen the article about a set that have done 120K miles - very impressive, but the cost is the big con.
    I'm tempted by the Colways - apparently the same tread pattern as the BFG's, but at half the cost. I know they are remoulds but what are the other draw backs?

Your Help and advice is always appreciated.

Cheers

I've had my Colway M/Ts for five months now, no worries, no noticeable wear.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi
      So it seems baby needs new shoes - unfortunately we are about to have our first real baby, so Daddy is on a serious budget.
      I have looked through loads of threads and articles on different tyres, but now I want your guys opinions.
      I've been running Bridgestone Duellers, but haven't been comfortable with their performance and durability (eg. I keep losing the back end and they're nearly knackered after 15K miles).
      I have noted peoples like for the BFG's, and also have seen the article about a set that have done 120K miles - very impressive, but the cost is the big con.
      I'm tempted by the Colways - apparently the same tread pattern as the BFG's, but at half the cost. I know they are remoulds but what are the other draw backs?

Your Help and advice is always appreciated.

Cheers

BFG's every time. had mine on 18 months now and they are superb - done about 15000miles including some heavy offroading and they have lots of life left. If you want something cheaper we rate Kumho's though they are a bit noisier. Personally I wouldnt have remoulds for day to day driving.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

i got bronco's own A/Ts as good as the rest and cheaper and not remoulds either
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

Pops - I thought Broncos were retreads? would it change your opinion of your tyres if they were?

Linda - Why not remoulds for every day driving? Have you had a bad experience of remoulds or just like myself and probably many others, still believe that they are second rate and dangerous (I'm sure this was started by the more expensive tyre companies).

Now that the old BS rating on remoulds has been replaced by the more rigid EU regulations, do people not believe that the quality of remoulds has been vastly improved?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not on commision for the sale of remoulds, but don't want to spend twice as much on a product, but not get any real bennefits - does this make sense or should I just stick a set of BFG's on credit

Comment

I seriously thought twice about remoulds when looking at the Colway AT's [old prejudices about quality]. Yes BFG's may last a little longer but I have found no problems with Colway AT's at all.

On-road and especially off-road I have been pleasantly surprised. I still have plenty of tread although I have only done about 11000-12000 Km since purchasing the vehicle just over 1 year ago now.

And if doing abit of off-roading then I can go through two sets of tyres for rough pricing of BFG's
            Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi
              Pops - I thought Broncos were retreads? would it change your opinion of your tyres if they were?

Linda - Why not remoulds for every day driving? Have you had a bad experience of remoulds or just like myself and probably many others, still believe that they are second rate and dangerous (I'm sure this was started by the more expensive tyre companies).

Now that the old BS rating on remoulds has been replaced by the more rigid EU regulations, do people not believe that the quality of remoulds has been vastly improved?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not on commision for the sale of remoulds, but don't want to spend twice as much on a product, but not get any real bennefits - does this make sense or should I just stick a set of BFG's on credit
              no mate not all bronco's are retreads, as i too like some prefer new tyres not retreads, so got new slightly dearer than there retreads but cheaper than likes of the BFG and a like.
              and they do the same thing for me had no problems on or off road so far
              Pops

Comment

Ive got BRONCO'S all round i recommend them A/T's are good offroad as well as on.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

How much are Broncos and Colways compared to BFG A/T's?

I paid £300 for my BFG A/T's fitted and balanced.

Paul.
                  French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Comment

Assuming you mean 4, £300 for BFG A/Ts sounds good from what I've read! Where from?!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pauleds

Paul.
                      http://www.bronco4x4.com/Merchant2/m...ory_Code=FULDA

check um out
                      Pops

Comment

Originally posted by Pauleds

Paul.
                        PAUL www.bronco4x4.com 31x10.5x15 = 265x75x15
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                        (")_(")

Comment

Thanks Mark.

Rob i got my BFG's from

http://www.4x4accessoriesandtyres.com/

BUT it was in January 2004!

Comment

Colway AT's from

White 8 Spoke [31/10.5/15]
                            http://www.4x4accessoriesandtyres.co...res_white.html

or Chrome [31/10.5/15]
                            http://www.4x4accessoriesandtyres.co...es_chrome.html
                            Gaz

Comment

That is well cheap Gaz, even with the VAT added.

They still seem to be a pretty good supplier.

Comment

Working...
                              X