Cycle Carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cycle Carrier

Does anyone know of a cycle carrier that will fit my Surf? It's a 185 with the rear spare carrier and the wing over the roof.

Thanks

You could use any universal carrier for a spare wheel mount, but i don't personally like the idea of sticking an extra 40-100kg (depending how many bikes you wanna carry) on the spare wheel swingarm. So I'd choose either roof mounted carriers or towbar mounted (if you have a towbar). Again plenty to choose from, but i'd go for thule roof bars and whatever carriers you can pick up cheap for roof mounted, or maxxraxx, witter or thule for towbar mounted ones. Maxxraxx are probably the most highly rated towbar carriers with an offset to accomodate a spare wheel though.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

I have a Fiamma 4x4 cycle carrier that fits on the spare wheel. There's a bracket that goes between the spare and the swing arm that stays in place all the time and you just slot the carrir on when you want to use it. It also has a built in lock.
      Here's a couple of pics:

Comment

I've got this one

http://www.formula4.co.uk/4x4accessories.html

Don't have the bikes now that son has moved out so could be up for sale if your interested.

If it does sell a donation will be made to the forum kitty.

Comment

Thanks for that info, given me something to think about. I must admit to being dubious about adding more weight to the spare wheel carrier. The offset towbar carrier sounds like the jobbie, just means I'll have to fit a towbar now!

Think it may be easier to sling a deckchair in the back & just watch everyone else cycle.

Comment

Working...
          X