No announcement yet.

Gettin parts without costing the earth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gettin parts without costing the earth?

Orgininally got my surf so there was space in the back for my to german shepherds but have got a lil one too now and although there is still bags of room was wonderin if anyone knew about a place to get a decent roof rack / bars that didnt cost the earth and would fit the '94 surf with a sunroof? & also wonderin if anyone had any resprays done (grey to black) & how much they were quoted?............ and finally ...... anyone out there ever seen a surf with a safari snorkel fitted ......
    Last edited by wiggy; 11 August 2006, 12:42.
    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Originally posted by wiggy
    and finally ...... anyone out there ever seen a surf with a safari snorkel fitted ......
    Yeah - sitting outside
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Brill

Could you poss do me a favour & send / post a pic?. Would be great if you could as im tryin to get it on my list of things to do for the truck + would be a great bargining chip with the wife if i could show her what it looked like also what did it cost for the mod & is it a garage or poss diy fit??

Comment

roof bars

Give Hilux a shout on here he had some roof bars going a short while back
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Orgininally got my surf so there was space in the back for my to german shepherds but have got a lil one too now and although there is still bags of room was wonderin if anyone knew about a place to get a decent roof rack / bars that didnt cost the earth and would fit the '94 surf with a sunroof? & also wonderin if anyone had any resprays done (grey to black) & how much they were quoted?............ and finally ...... anyone out there ever seen a surf with a safari snorkel fitted ......
          How you gonna get a German Shepherd to stay on the roofrack???
          Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

truckracks new rack should be ready by now.. theres one on its way to shab..they arent on there website yet, but might be worth a call http://www.roofrack.co.uk/
            Last edited by Chillitt; 11 August 2006, 17:41.
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Possible to fit it yourself - all you need is some confidence and a deep breath as you drill the big hole in your wing. Looks like this
              Attached Files
              Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

roof racks

Cheers for that gents Will try that link....Anyone ever had costings for a re-spay? was thinking it would be @ £300 / 400? .
                Also might give the DIY job a go......... got to pluck up some courage first tho!!! & the dogs will go fine on the roof rack ......just got to get some more bungees!!!!!!
                Again Many thanks...

Comment

there you go m8. http://www.safari4x4.com.au/docs/snorkel/ss65.htm
                  If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

[QUOTE=wiggy]Anyone ever had costings for a re-spray? was thinking it would be @ £300 / 400? .[QUOTE]

For a metallic re-spray, you'll have to double those figures!

Comment

[QUOTE=BUSHWHACKER][QUOTE=wiggy]Anyone ever had costings for a re-spray? was thinking it would be @ £300 / 400? .

For a metallic re-spray, you'll have to double those figures!

Been quoted £1.2k - £1.5k round here!
                      Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Comment

[quote=mickeyboy][quote=BUSHWHACKER]
                        Anyone ever had costings for a re-spray? was thinking it would be @ £300 / 400? .

Been quoted £1.2k - £1.5k round here!

I got quoted £850 to £950 in black not metallic, that was 8 months ago
                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

[QUOTE=ohsupremebeing][quote=mickeyboy]
                          Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER

I got quoted £850 to £950 in black not metallic, that was 8 months ago

I am having mine resprayesd, both sides bonnet (not roof as is ok) and am being carged 200, 70 per side and 40 for bonnet, looks like I got a bargain, well unless the respray is s**t
                          And god said...........let there be surfs!

Comment

Originally posted by sumo View Post
                            There are no prices on there, what sort of money do they cost?

Comment

Originally posted by E500TAT View Post
                              There are no prices on there, what sort of money do they cost?
                              You'll be looking somewhere around the £210 - £230 mark for a snorkel, safari and TJM both make one and TonyN at www.4x4toys.co.uk can supply both.
                              =========
                              =SOLD UP!=
                              =========

Comment

Working...
                              X