Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light bar location.

Looking for some inspiration.

I have made (By my own fair hand) a detatchable Light Bar that is attached to my roof rails (sorting out the route of the wires soon).

Where would be a good and practical but also pleasing to the eye, location on the roof for the bar.

So far I have two choice locations..

1/ Just forward of the Sun roof if not back a touch.
    2/ Or as seen on a few local Hilux Pick-ups, at the start of the rear doors (Pillar).

Would appreciate any comments.

Darren

Originally posted by red harry
    Looking for some inspiration.

I have made (By my own fair hand) a detatchable Light Bar that is attached to my roof rails (sorting out the route of the wires soon).

Where would be a good and practical but also pleasing to the eye, location on the roof for the bar.

So far I have two choice locations..

1/ Just forward of the Sun roof if not back a touch.
    2/ Or as seen on a few local Hilux Pick-ups, at the start of the rear doors (Pillar).

Would appreciate any comments.

Darren
    hi Darren if you are going to be using the lights then i would think as far forward as you can like as you say just in front of the sun roof
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Yep thought that would be the idea location, wasn't sure where others had theres'.

Couldn't find any piccies on forum.

Ta much.

Daz

Comment

Originally posted by red harry
        Yep thought that would be the idea location, wasn't sure where others had theres'.

Couldn't find any piccies on forum.

Ta much.

Daz

i ain't got one yet but have been thinking about it.Have you looked thru the members rigs there are a few in there
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

The best place I can see is in line with the front edge of the sunroof.
          I had roof lights on my Transit and I mounted them too far forwards, (on the roof rack) and when switched on at night, my dash lit up as if the sun was shining on it, causing glare on the windscreen and I could see nuffink!

Comment

Whats the best way to fit a light bar if you havent got any roof bars? ( i havent got any roof bars!)
            So many toys-So little cash

Comment

Get one of these. http://www.direct4x4.co.uk/index.php...product_id=334

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                nice one Andy,cheers! excuse me for being thick but how does that fix to the surf?

Darren

Comment

Originally posted by surfer daz
                  nice one Andy,cheers! excuse me for being thick but how does that fix to the surf?

Darren

It should clip under the door surround, have a look at the roof bars on the same site.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                    It should clip under the door surround, have a look at the roof bars on the same site.
                    Ahhh,all becomes clear. once again...cheers Andy,i might have to invest in one of those.
                    my missus is gonna go mental!

Comment

Working...
                    X