Rear Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Springs

I need to shore up the saggy bum on my surf, so I want to try caravanner type spring helpers, - plastic rings fitted into rear coil springs. does anbody know what diameter the coil springs are, I suppose i should just go out and measure them, but I'm here in Yorkshire and my surf is holidaying in Alacante.

Rich.

P.s. Whats the difference between a hedghog and a BMW - The pricks are on the outside of a hedghog.

Found this on e-bay. I guess this is what you're after??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT
    It just does, OK?

Comment

You can get uprated and even longer springs at a little extra cost from Milners or roughtrax.There are a few other places too .

Try doing a search on here and youll find what your looking for
      I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Originally posted by richlinssurf
        I need to shore up the saggy bum on my surf, so I want to try caravanner type spring helpers, - plastic rings fitted into rear coil springs. does anbody know what diameter the coil springs are, I suppose i should just go out and measure them, but I'm here in Yorkshire and my surf is holidaying in Alacante.

Rich.

P.s. Whats the difference between a hedghog and a BMW - The pricks are on the outside of a hedghog.
        Spring helpers may assist shortterm (havent tried them so dont know) but the saggy arse normally results from worn out shocks and springs. Just fitting replacement springs and shocks with standard height (ie. not lift springs) will normally cure it. Theres lots of places to buy them (some listed on this thread) others are Procomp, and LA Supertrux, and no doubt many more.

Other people put +2" (or bigger springs on to lift the truck even higher, but thats personal choise)

Last edited by TonyN; 4 July 2005, 17:17. Reason: unfortunate spelling error.......
        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

now, that you can say...
          Last edited by Chillitt; 4 July 2005, 20:27.
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Actually I think my springs are blue!!!!
            I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Ive put landcruiser ones in the back which have lifted the back end up loads..but there too hard so a company are doing me some that will be the same height but compromise on the rate......pics will follow in a few weeks once there made and in.
              3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Working...
              X