Roof bars with sunroof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof bars with sunroof

Hey, I've been given some roofracks for xmas and they are the permanent type, they get rivited to the roof. i was wondering where can i get the dimensions of the sunroof runners, as i dont want to stuff up the sunroof by having the rivets hitting anything. has anyone had the same problems? the rivets will only extend maybe 5mm into the roof, forsee any problems?

the roofracks are the sb1000 type on this link
    http://www.fleetline.co.nz/wa.asp?id...&idDetails=111

The sunroof runners come out about 1 inch from the edge of the sunroof, however your best bet although it makes it a bigger job, is to remove the headlining. It's a pain but it is the only way to really make sure that you get a good fit and don't mess up anything. I've done this on mine as I have full length roof rails which are bolted to the roof. I did it first time without removing the headlining and got it OK, however I extended them to full length (they originally went to the front of the rear doors) and this time removed the headlining (takes about an hour or less) as I was also changing the sunroof which had cracked. The extra work of removing the headlining was worth it for the bars as I got a really good positioning and a really good fit that way. You need to remove the rear side panels, the interior lights, the bit above th rear door, the seatbelts, the centre and front side panels and the interior mirror.

While you are at it you can fit some sound deadening material to the roof which makes a big difference.

It sounds a lot of work but really isn't that bad as long as you are careful with the clips.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
    X