k-reg 2.4ltr auto for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k-reg 2.4ltr auto for sale

It’s time to let go of my truck, this really is my pride and joy and it has been hard making the decision to move onto a “normal” estate, mainly due to a change in work conditions

I apologise in advance for the long description but this truck has lots of extras and to not list them wouldn’t do it justice

***Tax until January (I may retain this and get a refund depending on offer and will need to decide at the end of the month if I'm going to surrender the tax or not)***

***MOTed until January. It has passed the last 4 MOT’s without any issues except an upper ball joint, track rod end and CV boot all pretty standard repairs for a truck this age***

Lots of receipts and prev MOT certicates

So here we go the truck is an L reg (91) 2.4 auto in blue. Its is a very good example and a real head turner. It’s never been off road as it was our daily driver so the Mrs wouldn’t let me lol

THE PROS

I have never had a problem with my truck starting, she has always started first time every time no matter what season.
    The BODY WORK is in good conditions no major scrapes or dents etc .

The WHEELS are the nice deep type with Khumo kl71 MT tyres. All five have LOTS of tread left and shouldn’t need changing for at least another year, the spare has never touched tarmac and the rear two are nearly new (£110 each new). I could probably sell the wheels and tyres for £500 alone (****WILL SELL SEPERATLEY OPEN TO OFFERS ****)

EXTERNAL
    8” spots (****WILL SELL SEPERATLEY £40 EX DELIVERY****) (with no rust) come with 130w bulbs (with green led on dash to warn when they are on). They are mounted to the bumper with additional steadies so they don’t jump around ,as many do when mounted to the bullbar (£60 new)
    2x low level fog lights (100w bulbs) with illuminated switch on dash.
    4x roof lights (2x fog 2x spot) all with white bulbs.
    Aluminium roof rack mounted on aero bars (****WILL SELL SEPERATLEY £40 EX DELIVERY****)
    2x reversing cameras, one mounted in the rear wheel and one on the spoiler. This is excellent for when using a trailer or backing up to a caravan. They are connected to a rear view mirror mounted screen and controlled by a three way switch on the dash, top cam/off/low cam (whole setup cost around £80)
    3x led daylight driving lights on each side of the grill controlled by on/off switch on the dash

The ENGINE BAY
    is well looked after and the cleanest I have seen .
    The radiator and waterpump were replaced around March this year, along with all coolant hoses which were replaced with wire reinforced silicone hoses and decent hose clips.
    2x LED engine bay lights controlled by release to make switch so they come on automatically when the bonnet is opened
    An Oil catch(****WILL SELL SEPERATLEY £20 EX DELIVERY****) can was fitted 2 months ago (along with ERG blanking plates) (£45 new)
    Uprated 14” 12v radiator fan connected to thermal override stat which is connected to the top hose. This can be controlled to come on at any temp but in addition there is a manual override on the dash so you can have it on all the time which would be great for offroading
    A 13 row ATF cooler was fitted in the bash plate and in addition still passes through the factory rad which cost £75 and was fitted 2 weeks ago(****WILL SELL SEPERATLEY £60 EX DELIVERY****). ( The air con has been fully removed)
    The headlights have been uprated to 100W bulbs and there are led side lights.

BOOT AREA
    There is waterproof flooring so it can be easily wiped down.
    I have a racking type cage which we used to keep camping gear out of the dogs space but this would be really good to secure tools etc
    Aux 12v outlet
    There is an additional rear window switch which means you can open the window within the boot area, ideal when sleeping in the back.
    The towbar has twin electrics and additional “power in” so you can hook the car up to an electric hook up, this is good for charging items left in the car whilst camping etc
    The 2x LED reversing lights and rear facing spotlight lights, light up the road etc nicely when reversing and they are very handy at night. When used in conjunction with the cameras it makes life a bit easier

INSIDE
    Electric windows
    After market steering wheel
    Switch panel for the spotlights (large spots have green led warning lamp)
    Switch for DLRS override switch for rad fan and led indicator for when stat has triggered fan
    Camera control switch
    Light strip for glove box and passenger footwell
    New rear window switch
    Digital amp gauge to monitor the twin batteries
    Two additional 12v outlets
    Racaro interior all in good condition with exception to the outside bolsters on both front seats could be stitched etc the front seats also tilt forward and also include the seat organisers
    All original tailored mats in good condition
    LED “puddle lights” fitted behind the door panels some may think these are a bit bling but really useful.

EXTRAS
    Bottle of unopened ATF fluid purchased for when I fitted the cooler but didn’t lose any during fitting
    Spare rad cap
    Spare radiator drain plug
    Spare petrol cap (locking cap fitted) (****WILL SELL SEPERATLEY £10 EX DELIVERY****)
    Spare throttle position sensor (****WILL SELL SEPERATLEY £10 EX DELIVERY****)
    Spare ECU ((****WILL SELL SEPERATLEY £10 EX DELIVERY****)
    Spare thermostat
    54mm socket (for wheel bearing used once) (****WILL SELL SEPERATLEY £10 EX DELIVERY****)
    Spare used air filter and belts inc timing belt
    6 tonne bottle jack (****WILL SELL SEPERATLEY £5 EX DELIVERY****)
    Mechanics creeper board
    2x tank track traction aids (don’t know what else to call them) but certainly work in the snow (these cost my £80 and are army issue) (****WILL SELL SEPERATLEY £40 EX DELIVERY****)
    Side steps have been removed but will be included (they do need some welding work)
    Workshop manual (****WILL SELL SEPERATLEY £10 EX DELIVERY****)

****************************** ****************************** ********************
    OK so there are few bad points as well so here they are -
    The rear bumper quarters are now rusting one has rusted through and there is hole (please see pic)
    There are a few minor scratches but nothing major and not really noticeable
    There is also a slight oil leak (the rocker head gasket done last month and I’m not sure if this is actually the catch can leaking a little so could be easily sealed we are only talking a couple of drops not puddles)
    The rear windows don’t wind down as I stole the motors and used them for the back window. You would just need new or second hand motors to get these working.
    Bolsters need stitching on front seats
    No stereo sorry but had to take this out as it was a present from my kids (there is a single din box though so everything you need to fit a new stereo. I am leaving in the Toyota wiring adaptor)
    This is the main bad point and I will explain it the best I can. There is an intermittent fault with the gearbox, sometimes the overdrive light flashes and you have to manually select 1st gear when pulling off (this seems to disappear when the truck has been run on the motorway or uphill) It has been doing this for two years and I have been using it daily without a problem. When the gearbox is working its absolutely fine and everything works as it should, when the problem occurs it can make the engine temperature rise a little (never hits red) on long hills, I think this is just because the engine is working harder as its in too high a gear, that’s why I fitted the 13 row cooler, just as a precaution. I’m convinced it’s the solenoids but at worse case a new gearbox can be picked up from around £50 on ebay
    Although the temperature did rise on occasions it did cool very quickly with the new cooler (this doesn’t happen when the gearbox trips into working mode) We have recently drove all the way from Manchester to Weymouth and back (approx. 1200miles round trip without any other issue)

OFFERS OVER £750. (TRUCK IS IN BURY Nr MANCHESTER)
    ideally the truck needs to go all at the same time as I don’t have room to break it for spares although it is probably worth a lot more for spares but I don’t want to see my truck being dissected, feel free to do what you want once it’s yours.

Any questions please ask, but I do want to sell the truck as soon as possible. This is very nice truck for the money.
    Please take a look at pictures below
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BAV1; 27 August 2013, 17:41. Reason: PRICE DROP

Still for sale?
    One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Working...
    X