Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 Hilux Surf 3.0 SSR-X for sale

Hi all

3rd child/travel forces the sale of our beloved Hilux Surf 3.0 SSR-X (1998 on ‘S’ plate). This car has been wonderful, and has never let us down. She sails through every MOT and has been properly serviced at regular intervals. Quite frankly, I'm gutted to sell her.

I haven’t offered her to the open market, rather thought I would start with those who know (and love) most about these cars. Brief summary:

Brand new MOT (May 2013) and just serviced.
    168kms (kms, I believe, not miles – though I’m a little unclear on this)
    Silver
    2 new tyres (the other two 1 year old with very little wear)
    Alpine cd player
    tinted windows
    Cat 1 immobiliser/alarm with remote central locking
    Roof bars (if you want them)
    NO towbar

I am the 2nd UK owner since 2005. The first UK owner paid £13,500 for the vehicle (!) The best news is that the Toyota dealer in Chichester made an error when replacing the torque converter (at 101k kms) for the previous owner - they failed to replace the oil in the gearbox. You can guess the rest –they had to replace the whole gearbox (and converter) at their cost. I have a supporting letter from the dealership, so there’s only 60 odd k on the gearbox and the engine is as smooth as you like. The body work/paintwork seems pretty good to my eyes – couple of little dinks, a small scrape on rear wheel arch that looks like it might buff out, and some chips on the edge of the o/s doors.

Bad points: the rear bumper is an eye sore and needs replacing. The front bumper has a touch of rust too, but nothing major. The n/s wing mirror housing is cracked (the glass is fine, but the motor may be shot). The a/c seems less effective than it used to be, though God knows that’s rarely a problem in this country;-).

I’m based in East Devon. I need to keep the car through May, but she’ll be available for collection in early June. I’ll consider all sensible offers to secure her.

I have photos but the files sizes seem to be too large to upload here - if you pm me I'll send them.

Best contact method is via email at cassidy_dominic@hotmail.com. Pls no scammers - I've had two calls already and it's pretty obvious when something is wrong.

Dominic
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dominic; 14 May 2013, 08:49.

RE; 3rd Gen Surf

Hi, I'm very interested, do you have a phone number please.

Comment

Hi - sure, if you pm me I'll give it to you.

Best

Dom

Comment

FYI
        Neither of you can send PMs as you're non subscribers.

Comment

its also the intercooled version with CHROMED bumpers - on ebay that would be listed as 'very rare'!!

I guess the mileage is either fully Km or possible like mine, 'half and half'.

how much you looking for old chap?
          If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

These are difficult to price aren't they?!

I would say that, taking the cosmetic stuff into account, I would take £3800.

Yes, I think she might be 'half and half', so to speak....;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Flarris View Post
              Hi, I'm very interested, do you have a phone number please.
              Hi Flarris - fire an email to me at cassidy_dominic@hotmail.com (if you haven't already).

Cheers

Comment

contact

Originally posted by dominic View Post
                Hi all

3rd child/travel forces the sale of our beloved Hilux Surf 3.0 SSR-X (1998 on ‘S’ plate). This car has been wonderful, and has never let us down. She sails through every MOT and has been properly serviced at regular intervals. Quite frankly, I'm gutted to sell her.

I haven’t offered her to the open market, rather thought I would start with those who know (and love) most about these cars. Brief summary:

Brand new MOT (May 2013) and just serviced.
                168kms (kms, I believe, not miles – though I’m a little unclear on this)
                Silver
                2 new tyres (the other two 1 year old with very little wear)
                Alpine cd player
                tinted windows
                Cat 1 immobiliser/alarm with remote central locking
                Roof bars (if you want them)
                NO towbar

I am the 2nd UK owner since 2005. The first UK owner paid £13,500 for the vehicle (!) The best news is that the Toyota dealer in Chichester made an error when replacing the torque converter (at 101k kms) for the previous owner - they failed to replace the oil in the gearbox. You can guess the rest –they had to replace the whole gearbox (and converter) at their cost. I have a supporting letter from the dealership, so there’s only 60 odd k on the gearbox and the engine is as smooth as you like. The body work/paintwork seems pretty good to my eyes – couple of little dinks, a small scrape on rear wheel arch that looks like it might buff out, and some chips on the edge of the o/s doors.

Bad points: the rear bumper is an eye sore and needs replacing. The front bumper has a touch of rust too, but nothing major. The n/s wing mirror housing is cracked (the glass is fine, but the motor may be shot). The a/c seems less effective than it used to be, though God knows that’s rarely a problem in this country;-).

I’m based in East Devon. I need to keep the car through May, but she’ll be available for collection in early June. I’ll consider all sensible offers to secure her.

I have photos but the files sizes seem to be too large to upload here - if you pm me I'll send them.

Best contact method is via email at cassidy_dominic@hotmail.com. Pls no scammers - I've had two calls already and it's pretty obvious when something is wrong.

Dominic
                I have emailed you....Can you please send me your contact details.

Comment

Hi Flarris - fire an email to me at cassidy_dominic@hotmail.com (if you haven't already).

Cheers
                  Have tried to email you, for some reason we don't seem to be getting through to you. A phone number would be easier, thanks

Comment

Have tried to email you, for some reason we don't seem to be getting through to you. A phone number would be easier, thanks
                    Hi - not sure what's happening there. Have been reluctant to quote my number here again as I got a flurry of scam calls to start with. In fact it has just started again. Doh! You can contact me at cassidy_dominic@hotmail.com - if you provide me with a landline number I'll call you.
                    Last edited by dominic; 22 May 2013, 08:33.

Comment

Hi - not sure what's happening there. Have been reluctant to quote my number here again as I got a flurry of scam calls to start with. In fact it has just started again. Doh! You can contact me at cassidy_dominic@hotmail.com - if you provide me with a landline number I'll call you.
                      Dom, have emailed cassidy_dominic@hotmail.com, tried previously and email showing as sent, but evidently you have not received? My number is 07808 738097 / 01622 671119, Phil

Comment

Dom, have emailed cassidy_dominic@hotmail.com, tried previously and email showing as sent, but evidently you have not received? My number is 07808 738097 / 01622 671119, Phil
                        Photos sent Phil.

Comment

Working...
                        X