Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 SSR-X 2.4TD For Parts or Breaking, Valve Collision PLUS ROOF RACK

Hi all,

Going to give this another try. We're having atrocious luck with cars at the moment (just bought a Mitsu L200 that crapped out on the motorway home!), so we're going to cut our losses and turn the Black Beast over to someone who could do something with it.

Last year, the Beast died due to a valve collision. I don't know the severity, as I haven't been able to strip the head back, but possible causes could be: snapped cambelt, sheared gearing or snapped camshaft. It could be a simple repair to get the truck back on the road, but we haven't got the resources to fix it any more, and my mum has moved to France where grey imports cannot be registered.

The truck may be fixable, but I'm listing it as spares or breaking. Here are the good parts:
    -Transmission, 4WD and suspension all good. Minor fluid leak from auto box but has given no problems, probably a seal
    -5 good all-terrain tyres and alloys (front 2 are practically new)
    -Cloth interior in very good condition
    -Plasma dials fitted
    -Bodywork in good nick, no structural rust, cosmetic rust on bumpers
    -Nudge bar with fitted Ring Microline foglights and good cables
    -Interior fittings, windows, sunroof, tailgate all working
    -Good glass on all windows, working heated rear screen
    -Good diesel injection pump - not leaking!

All the factory-fitted parts still work fine, even the rear aux heater, although the A/C could use regassing (works but not very cold).

Bad parts:
    -Engine failed, cannot be moved under its own power, but may be fixable cheaply depending on what actually went wrong
    -Involved in a frontal collision last year that damaged the front passenger wing. Purely cosmetic
    -Rear seat release handle broke off on one side. Seat back can be removed to fix

The tyres alone are probably worth £250. If you want to buy the entire set, you could swap your alloys for ours, so long as the car can be moved (your tyres do not need to be road-legal).

I'll put a figure of £800 for the entire car. This would suit a breaker or someone needing a donor car, but also anyone with time on their hands wanting a restoration project. When running, the Black Beast was our all-time favourite vehicle - took any terrain in its stride, comfortable, reliable and lovely to drive. Offers are welcome. I don't want to break the car on the driveway; I'd prefer it be taken away complete. Manuals and registration documents provided.

Also with it we have an aluminium roof rack specially made for this truck, a deal-maker that sold this Hilux to us. It's a huge size, occupying the entire roof behind the sunroof. It comes with all rubber fittings and brackets. It's been used once only, for a long journey between countries, and was perfect for the job. I don't know the make or model. It's been kept in a shed for about two years (not that ally corrodes anyway, but it's clean). I'm going to stick a price of £350 on this, but make us an offer and we'll consider.

Collection in Kent is a must. The truck should be trailered or carried on a flatbed. Bring your Hilux down for the roof rack and we'll show you how to fit it. Photos on request.

Any offers?

Edit: Sold on Friday 31st May. Thanks for your interest everyone!
    Last edited by gargravarr; 1 June 2013, 11:29.
    An unmuddy off-roader is an unloved off-roader!

Some photos. I apologise for the low quality, I forgot my camera and had to take these with my old phone (good one broke). If there's any interest, I'll go and take some more photos with a better camera. Also, sorry, no photos of the roof rack as I couldn't get in the shed.
    Attached Files

Comment

can you send me some pics of the roof rack?
      to my email
      thejoke(dot)acosta(at)gmail.co m

and if you got some pics on the surf too please, thanks
      the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

is it like this one?
        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...ight=roof+rack
        thanks

Comment

Hi,

If they are compatible with a 3L Gen 2...do you have any of the following?

1: Windscreen (unmarked)

2: Rear Carpet and tailgate carpet (clean as poss). Colour?

3: Steering column surround (plastic bit...what condition/colour? Mines gone yellowy)

4: Air Filter Bucket (the big metal bar steward) - Think Animal has one for me.

5: Tailgate wiring loom cover (where it goes from body to tailgate)

Interested in separate prices if possible. And i can arrange courier if too much hassle.

Not sure whereabouts in the UK you are as a windscreen would be better collected, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by gargravarr View Post
            Hi all,.......................... .. I don't want to break the car on the driveway; I'd prefer it be taken away complete. ........................

Any offers?
            Just sayin'.

Comment

Oops

Comment

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
                Yes, it's that kind of roof rack exactly. A picture is attached of it in my shed, I apologise for not being able to get it out but our back garden has been seriously neglected and I was lucky to be able to get to the shed in the first place!

Pictures of the Surf are attached to my second post.

Edit: In light of the price on that particular roof rack, I emphasise - make an offer.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by gargravarr; 3 May 2013, 13:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
                  Oops
                  You're more than welcome to have the entire truck and take off the bits you need, they're all there

Comment

Can't afford the whole lot, unfortunately.

I'd be interested in the Roof Rack if Bud doesn't take you up.

Comment

Yes, it's that kind of roof rack exactly. A picture is attached of it in my shed, I apologise for not being able to get it out but our back garden has been seriously neglected and I was lucky to be able to get to the shed in the first place!

Pictures of the Surf are attached to my second post.

Edit: In light of the price on that particular roof rack, I emphasise - make an offer.
                      do i email you? or you email me?
                      same price that in that post?
                      thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
                        do i email you? or you email me?
                        same price that in that post?
                        thanks.
                        If you don't want to make an offer on here, email me at
                        quantumparticleresearch at gmail dot com

Comment

If you don't want to make an offer on here, email me at
                          quantumparticleresearch at gmail dot com
                          £150 same as tintin wanted to sell his, sorry slow answer

Comment

Offer for the roof rack is under consideration. In the meantime, here's more higher-quality (6MP) pics of the Beast.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Offer for the roof rack is under consideration.
                              ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X