Help please, with 3.0TD Auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please, with 3.0TD Auto

Hi, I'm considering buying a 1996 (New Shape) 3.0 TD SSRX Toyota Surf.
    Until this morning I'd never heard of them! Can anyone confirm the fuel consumption I can expect from it. The salesman reckons on 30mpg.
    Also, is there anything I should be looking out for. I suspect the £7,500 price may be a little high, perhaps not? Any feedback on this model would be greatly appreciated.

It's going to depend a lot on the mileage but I'd say £7.5K isn't too high for a 96, especially as I paid that for a 93 recently. MPG is going to be more like 25-27 on a run and about 22 round town if it's an auto. Maybe a little more for a manual. Surf's arn't economical, not with a 3.0L lump and all that weight to push around but, provided it's in good nick I'd go for it. They are sooooo much fun to drive.
    Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
      It's going to depend a lot on the mileage but I'd say £7.5K isn't too high for a 96, especially as I paid that for a 93 recently. MPG is going to be more like 25-27 on a run and about 22 round town if it's an auto. Maybe a little more for a manual. Surf's arn't economical, not with a 3.0L lump and all that weight to push around but, provided it's in good nick I'd go for it. They are sooooo much fun to drive.

As Tallyman says..you have a lump to push round and with 3.0L and the Turbo your going to get 22-25mpg depending upon the areas your driving.

Depending upon th eitems with the car I'd certainly go for it. I spent 7100 with a trade in on a 1995 2nd Gen model...but boy what good knick its in and just can't stop gooing for drives in it!
      Gaz

Comment

Working...
      X