GPS (Meant to put in parts, but hey!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS (Meant to put in parts, but hey!)

i've got a IPAQ with tom tom on it that i want to sell, i've hardly used it.
    all in it cost £700 new and i'd be looking for about £400 for it. i'll have to check exactly what it is but when i bought it, it was the top of the range IPAQ with 400mhz processor, touch screen etc.

the reason i want to seel it is that it works in my car, but not in the lorry as the windscreen goes straight up it doesn't have a view of the sky to pick up satellites!

it comes with the IPAQ which is the dogs bits pda (handheld PC) that does everything... the best thing i could do with it was using the remote control function, it can change the TV channel and turn up the music in the pub! check email, through your mobile phone using bluetooth/IR also connects to your PC with the cradle or bluetooth and sycronises all diary and email info. it plays games, shows videos, has a card slot for SD cards so you can swap the card with your camera for viewing or storage.
    it does too much to list

the navigation software comes with a GPS thingy, software (full UK maps) in car cradle and charger(power lead)
    it shows loads of stuff, like airports, banks, police stations etc.
    there are loads of websites which you can download other software for it, speed camera warning extra places of interest etc.
    it shows your speed and exact position down to a few feet.

that's about it really, it's all boxed, pretty much as new so if anyone's interested PM, post or email me!
    Last edited by dabigman; 2 March 2004, 20:16.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Originally posted by dabigman
    i've got a IPAQ with tom tom on it that i want to sell, i've hardly used it.
    all in it cost £700 new and i'd be looking for about £400 for it. i'll have to check exactly what it is but when i bought it, it was the top of the range IPAQ with 400mhz processor, touch screen etc.

the reason i want to seel it is that it works in my car, but not in the lorry as the windscreen goes straight up it doesn't have a view of the sky to pick up satellites!

it comes with the IPAQ which is the dogs bits pda (handheld PC) that does everything... the best thing i could do with it was using the remote control function, it can change the TV channel and turn up the music in the pub! check email, through your mobile phone using bluetooth/IR also connects to your PC with the cradle or bluetooth and sycronises all diary and email info. it plays games, shows videos, has a card slot for SD cards so you can swap the card with your camera for viewing or storage.
    it does too much to list

the navigation software comes with a GPS thingy, software (full UK maps) in car cradle and charger(power lead)
    it shows loads of stuff, like airports, banks, police stations etc.
    there are loads of websites which you can download other software for it, speed camera warning extra places of interest etc.
    it shows your speed and exact position down to a few feet.

that's about it really, it's all boxed, pretty much as new so if anyone's interested PM, post or email me!
    Why don't you get an external antenna for it - I got one on mine. You can get ones that are linked via the radio waves like the external antennas for handheld Mobiles. MIne is actually fitted via a cable but I got a IPAQ jacket for my TomTom unit. I don't actually use the TomTom aerial.

Alternatively you could get another GPS mouse and fit it externally - they are waterproof. Just need an RJ45 extension cable to run it far enough if the existing cable isn't long enough.

Just seems a bit of a shame to lose so much money on something that could be made to work well in the truck with a bit extra spent - probably about £40 and an hours work.

Cheers

Cheers

Comment

it's a H3970 with TOM TOM navigator 2.

http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/compaq3900.htm

there's a review here.
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

try www.gpsw.co.uk they whats known as a RRAD it is a reradiating system that uses 24v http://www.gpsw.co.uk/details/prod445.html you attach the magnet on the roof and place the small aerial within a short distance of the gps and it should pick it up and be usable
        Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Working...
        X