Altimeter / Clinometer Instrument Cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Altimeter / Clinometer Instrument Cluster

Have just put an altimeter / clinometer instrument cluster on ebay. Link below. Cool factory option accessory for a 2nd gen.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

How much do you want for it ???
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Have started it at £50. Have watched last two go through at some pretty high prices. Seem to be quite rare and therefore sought after. See what happens by saturday night.

Comment

Would anyone know if the same equipment from the other Jap 4x4 could be used as opposed to just a Hilux version.
        Its just a thought.
        [SIZE=7]The Crafty Carper[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by kevinse9
          Would anyone know if the same equipment from the other Jap 4x4 could be used as opposed to just a Hilux version.
          Its just a thought.
          Only problem would be the dash shape however i am sure that you could modify. Heard of one being used from a Toyota Tercel 4x4 before. The main problem is most units sit in the middle of the dash wheras the Surf one sits over on the passenger side and is shaped to fit the curve.

Personally, while I like the look of them, I think that are actually of relatively little use, you can generally feel if you are going to tip over by the seat of your pants, plus the Surf would struggle to get up any slope that was getting towards a dangerous incline unless it had a considerably bigger engine.

They are really just a toy and I cannot understand why people on eBay are paying over £100 for one, I could think of a lot better things to spend £100+ on than a pretty useless toy. Mind you thats just my opinion.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by crashyb
            Have just put an altimeter / clinometer instrument cluster on ebay. Link below. Cool factory option accessory for a 2nd gen.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW
            Current bid: £126.00
            Dont they fly up in price.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
              Only problem would be the dash shape however i am sure that you could modify. Heard of one being used from a Toyota Tercel 4x4 before. The main problem is most units sit in the middle of the dash wheras the Surf one sits over on the passenger side and is shaped to fit the curve.

Personally, while I like the look of them, I think that are actually of relatively little use, you can generally feel if you are going to tip over by the seat of your pants, plus the Surf would struggle to get up any slope that was getting towards a dangerous incline unless it had a considerably bigger engine.

They are really just a toy and I cannot understand why people on eBay are paying over £100 for one, I could think of a lot better things to spend £100+ on than a pretty useless toy. Mind you thats just my opinion.

Cheers
              Hi andy. I aggree, they look the nuts but are totaly useless
              especially as inever go off road, wot get it dirty! I just bid for one on e bay
              with a max of 40 quid, thougth that was to much, it went for 42 i think, im
              buggered if i would go to 120 for one. I did get one on ebay from hong kong
              for one penny plus 7 puund odd postage, cost me a tenner as my son paypalld
              forit, well its still in the packet, if any one wants it, buy me a curry and its yours. Regards Ian619
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                Hi andy. I aggree, they look the nuts but are totaly useless
                especially as inever go off road, wot get it dirty! I just bid for one on e bay
                with a max of 40 quid, thougth that was to much, it went for 42 i think, im
                buggered if i would go to 120 for one. I did get one on ebay from hong kong
                for one penny plus 7 puund odd postage, cost me a tenner as my son paypalld
                forit, well its still in the packet, if any one wants it, buy me a curry and its yours. Regards Ian619
                Ian,

Is yours a generic one, or a genuine Surf one.??

If' it's a Surf one, I'll have it!!!

Dave
                It just does, OK?

Comment

Re

I recently found one of these in a breakers yard!

Was like finding a nugget of gold!

Paid £30 for it!

Was grey and my surf is blue so I disassembled it, masked the glass and sprayed with black matt acrylic!

Acrylic sets like steel and is great for doing vehicle plastics.

Some of the dash and clusters are black so it looked kinda cool!

To fit it was a bugger!

As it was an added extra on mine there were no holes to attach the unit although it will sit perfectly on the dash as it is shaped to fit!

No problem attaching BUT in order to do this you either have to take the WHOLE dash apart or improvise!

It comes with 2 attaching bolts already fitted on a removable plate thingy!

I sawed them off and drilled out 2 holes, after drilling a hole on the dash for the wiring (which you can attach to the cigarette lighter light!) I attached it to the dash with 2 "self tappers".

This is FAR EASIER than trying to align and measure with the 2 bolts in situ!

It will be a major pain to screw down and you will need a variety of wierd shaped screwdrivers but can be achieved!

It is very firm and surprisingly sturdy!

When I'd finished it was well worth it and really does make the inside more pleasing, easpecially at night when it is illuminated!

Anyone who wants pics or advice on fitting one of these please ask!

Later!

Gary

Comment

inclineometet

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
                    Ian,

Is yours a generic one, or a genuine Surf one.??

If' it's a Surf one, I'll have it!!!

Dave
                    Hi Dave, Sorry for the delay, Its a generic one im afraid otherwise it would be going in my SSRX, It works but looks toylike, It has a cig lighter adaptor for the lights. It wouldent look the business in a Surf, There were several of them on ebay under accessories & tuning if you can be bothered to plough
                    through all those pages, Personaly i think it would look better in my grandsons
                    peddle car, Ill never make a salesman will i. Cheers mate.

Comment

Ha ha... I think I know the type you mean... Not quite right, are they?
                      It just does, OK?

Comment

Inclineometer

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
                        Ha ha... I think I know the type you mean... Not quite right, are they?
                        Hi. You said it, Ive been watching one on ebay from a Pajero, it looks very
                        nice and is three gauges in one cluster, lookes like it would be a sod to fit
                        in a surf as half of its hanging out the bottom of the pod, would have to cut
                        a big hole in the dash to get that in, Iwould be a bit worried about butchering
                        my dash to that extent, Im seriously thinking of biddind on it though, all depends how much, Theres always loads of stuff on the Pajero site, and
                        near buggerall on the Surf one, its not fair. Im wondering if the gauges could
                        be taken out of the paj pod and put into a home made one, dont see why not
                        wireing shouldnt be a problem, Food for thought eh. so long for now. ian

Comment

would they fit in the spare din box below the stereo? just a thought
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Re

If I were you I wouldn't bother!

Get the one designed specifically for the Surf!

It looks the business and is NOT hard to install!

There are always ways of getting them if you really want one!

Later!

Gary

P.S. I got one in a breaker's yard for £30!

Comment

HI,
                              i got mine off the american Ebay site from a seller in japan.
                              Cost me 60 dollars and 20 p+p.....about 45quid..bargain!! Be careful though if buying from the states..left hand drive...wont fit in ours.
                              Done the same as hellmett...chopped the bolts off,self tappers in the dash and drilled a hole for the wires...job done.
                              Looks the biz but as many say..totally useless!

cheers,
                              Darren
                              So many toys-So little cash

Comment

Working...
                              X