X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Malleenos View Post
    maybe this time..
    tricky to get to from the inside that.....take a look at the option to drill a hole in the centre of the dent and use a slide hammer to pull it out?

Comment

pleasure to meet you today Andy.

Delighted with my items & the extras

Top man, highly recommend. 10/10

Hope you sell everything soon.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by andyverran View Post
        tricky to get to from the inside that.....take a look at the option to drill a hole in the centre of the dent and use a slide hammer to pull it out?
        Thats much easier. The remainder can be smoothed out with some filler and re-panted. Chopping bits out and welding them up is a bit drastic.

Comment

Cheers for the input guys- yep, probably best to just bash it out. I've got to faff with the interior panel anyway to get at the window relays.
          (sorry 'bout going off your original thread Andy and good luck with the rest of the truck strip)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Malleenos View Post
            Cheers for the input guys- yep, probably best to just bash it out. I've got to faff with the interior panel anyway to get at the window relays.
            (sorry 'bout going off your original thread Andy and good luck with the rest of the truck strip)
            No prob chap...As the TV used to say "it's good to talk"...those interior panels are easy to get off, unclip the rear light panel and you'll see screws at the top of the side panels...memory says the rest is clips...if you want to see the back of the panel to be sure nothing gets busted I have them off and can send you a pic.

A

Comment

hey mate have you got a front hub / bearing carrier with wheel studs for a 2nd gen ,
              I don't need the disc just the hub part
              cheers mate
              PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
                hey mate have you got a front hub / bearing carrier with wheel studs for a 2nd gen ,
                I don't need the disc just the hub part
                cheers mate
                hi chap...just to keep a record on the thread...as per PM catch you in a week if you have no luck sooner

Comment

pound sale

Afternoon / Evening all...

Body nearly off (garage very full lol), just rear brakes, fuel hoses and gearbox wiring to go. if anyone wants anything that's still on it, or any of the plastics before they end up in the tip, now's the time.

Anything plastic in the pic below for £1 + P&P...no not the smart car!

@mad_o - Body lift looks a bit home made, but is now off....

Sat in the back and had a cuppa after this, lots of leg room
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by andyverran; 25 June 2013, 15:22.

Comment

What a shame I wasn't close enough to get that windscreen!

Looks like I know who to come to when I'm thinking of dismantling ANY part of mine

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
                      What a shame I wasn't close enough to get that windscreen!

Looks like I know who to come to when I'm thinking of dismantling ANY part of mine
                      Hi Sy,

Yep sure is a shame...selling my smart and looking for a van, so might be able to deliver soon...not soon enough for the screen sadly!

It's quite a crash course in how a Surf is put together!

I'd note that if yours is getting on a bit you might want to take a look in the rear panels, where the wheel arch meets the rear quarter, some early signs of corrosion in this one, easily treated if found early (quick spray of RC900). Same was true on the inner lip of the near side front wing, not serious yet but would need treating for the longer term.

Other than that very good corrosion wise for a 20 year old wagon.

Comment

My drivers door and rear passenger door both have corrosion on the bottom.

I'm keeping an eye out for the right breaking colour to do a transplant.

Colour won't matter if I go a head with the repaint, though.

Hope things are improving for you

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
                          My drivers door and rear passenger door both have corrosion on the bottom.

I'm keeping an eye out for the right breaking colour to do a transplant.

Colour won't matter if I go a head with the repaint, though.

Hope things are improving for you
                          Well, if you decide to paint ;-) 4 doors here...

Job front not looking good...according to the career adviser I saw I have a 1 in 740 chance of a job because I'm over 40 *cough* unless I "know" someone who's willing to employ me.

Comment

Originally posted by andyverran View Post
                            According to the career adviser I saw I have a 1 in 740 chance of a job because I'm over 40 *cough* unless I "know" someone who's willing to employ me.
                            Really? Why would he say that? Sounds like BS. Career advisors are good at BS.

I'm 39 and a lot fitter, faster and stronger of many half my age. With experience and stability *cough* on my side. You'll be the same.

Sack him off. Scrap heap at 40! Dear me.

Comment

will the rear headrests fit in the box with the front grill?

Comment

Originally posted by Tromanator View Post
                                will the rear headrests fit in the box with the front grill?
                                I do believe I could persuade them in...

Comment

Working...
                                X