3rd Gen 2" Roughtrax Lift Kit - Almost new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen 2" Roughtrax Lift Kit - Almost new

Well, after a year of poncing about with my ins co and the repair garage it looks like the ins co are actually going to write my SSRG off, after I just installed the Rough Trax 2" suspension lift. So, as I still have the original shocks and springs I'm considering putting them back on and taking the new kit off, as they'll only crush the car I suspect. Before I spend time in doing this I want to know if there's any takers for it at a mere £250. It's done less than 300km on the road since it was fitted and I think this is more or less saving of £200 on the list price from Roughtrax. Only one potential stumbling block though, I'm in Spain and I'm not coming back to the UK any time this century. For the price I will also throw in some other Roughtrax upgrades I bought, namely the polyurethane Panhard Kit and the polyurethane front bush kit, RT part numbers SPB018 and SPB013 unused and still sealed in original bags (nearly £40 combined).
    Oh, just to add, the kit has the Desert fox and Monroe shocks.
    Last edited by the silver surfer; 14 April 2011, 20:45.

Also, another point to add. If someone wants this kit but you don't have all the money right now, for a deposit I'll hold the kit for you till you do (within reason of course). But because I don't have the time, or tools, to do this on my own I'll need to make advance arrangements for a friend to come and help, but this needs to be done before the Ins Co come to take the car away. So there's probably only a small window of opportunity.
    So if you want to grab yourself a bargain let me know asap so I can make the arrangements, £50 secures the kit for you.

Comment

my brother lives near Murcia so if it helps i can probably ask if he can bring the kit back to the uk when he next comes back here.I'll find out when he expects to be coming back to uk and let you know
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Coolio. Murcia is not too far from me really, I'm close to Baza, just off the A92N. Is your suggestion to purely aid someone who may want to buy it or do you actually want it?
        Also, what is he driving? Not a lorry/van by any chance?

Comment

won't be for me but to help if anyone else wants the kit.
          What is it your needing a lorry for anyway

Comment

Well, when we moved over here 18 mths ago or so we got stitched up by our furniture transporter. He couldn't get all of our stuff in his motor, but promised to come back within about 4 weeks. It's STILL in my garage in SW London. Probably about 4-6 M3. So it would be nice to get that stuff over here. I could easily book a different transporter but by biggest concern is that a lot of the stuff is single item things and there's a lot of things not boxed, as we didn't think we needed to as we had a "trusted" transporter already. Oh well, live and learn.

Comment

Do you want to pm a price you had in mind for transporting it all over to you and what sort of size van lorry you would need.My brother knows someone with a Merc Sprinter who just left Spain this morning to come over here.It does a trip every 2-3 weeks if that's any help

Comment

Not sure how to pm, tried to do one yesterday but couldn't find out how!
                As far as timing go, every 2-3 weeks is not an issue, we've waited 18 mths, I just need to wait for the final bit of haggling over the settlement figure for my Surf and we'll have the money to do it. I do have a price already with a different transporter, but I'd rather give the money to someone via this site tbh.

Comment

You need to subscribe to PM. Here
                  If your interested
                  As for the lift kit. I might have that, Got to check out a few things first tho, i`ll get back to you soon

Comment

Originally posted by the silver surfer View Post
                    Not sure how to pm, tried to do one yesterday but couldn't find out how!
                    As far as timing go, every 2-3 weeks is not an issue, we've waited 18 mths, I just need to wait for the final bit of haggling over the settlement figure for my Surf and we'll have the money to do it. I do have a price already with a different transporter, but I'd rather give the money to someone via this site tbh.
                    You can email me at stormforce1067@sky.com

Comment

The insurance Co are settling with me this week so I will need to know whether to arrange assistance and tool useage to remove this kit pretty sharpish. I will take a £50 deposit from anyone that wants me to hold on to the kit for a month or so while you get the rest of the money sorted out, but I need to know ASAP.

Also I am thinking of taking off the brand new alternator that I put on last month. It cost me €200 and I know that RTx are selling them for 175 + vat, so, £100 for a virtually brand new alternator. Any takers on that?

Comment

Are there seriously no takers for this? I'm almost giving it away. I've also just found 4 brand new exhaust rubbers (2 of each type), bought from RT, I'll throw them in too.

So that's the front and rear shocks, front and rear springs (almost new), 4 exhaust rubbers (new), polyurethane front bush kit (new) and polyurethane panhard kit (new) all for £250. B A R G A I N

I've been paid out so the car's going soon. Make your move, ye who snooze, loose.

Comment

Hi SS - I'll take it if you can work a way to get them to Edinburgh? COuld also work if you could get to London?

Take your words, put them on a plate, add a little bit of humble pie, and eat them!

Comment

Jason i have put a thread up in general for you regarding getting the parts over here

Comment

Thanks mate, I'll also make some enquiries this end. Shaft, it might be worth putting a post on Shiply.
                              Last edited by the silver surfer; 20 April 2011, 21:12.

Comment

Working...
                              X