yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Various: Cargo Box, Reciever Hitch, Motorbike Rack, Vehicle Tent, Kerr Rope/Bridle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Various: Cargo Box, Reciever Hitch, Motorbike Rack, Vehicle Tent, Kerr Rope/Bridle

Roll up, roll up, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity... yes, after nearly 5 years of surf ownership (2 surfs) I have decided to sell up. There have been plenty of highs and a few lows (my 2.4 breaking twice and someone selling my entire surf website on a CD on ebay are two that come to mind). But I (and my mates) are not doing much 4x4 these days and doing more motocross stuff so I have decided to sell the Surf and buy a van. So firstly selling some bits before selling the surf itself:

Any questions please feel free to ask.

1) Custom made rear Cargo Box. Priceless , sensible offers?

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/cargo_box.htm
    Home made (very sturdy) excellent for keeping parts, tools, spares, ropes or whatever tidy, secure, hidden and still have a flat space above the wheel arches on top for other stuff. Two draws on proper rollers, plus other compartments. Obviously used and carpet unstuck here and there but nothing at all wrong with it.

2) US Class 3 Receiver Hitch & tow ball. SOLD.

3) Motorbike Rack (NOTE: needs a US Receiver Hitch!). Cost me nearly £300, sensible offers?

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/rack2.htm
    This is a superb hydraulic rack which is strong enough to take a big 4-stroke (I have had Yam 400 and KTM 450's on it no prob). Easy one-man on/off operation, saves towing, amazing bit of kit.

4) Vehicle Tent. Cost me £80, asking £40. PROVISIONALLY SOLD

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/tent.htm
    Excellent tent to fit on the back of a surf or other vehicle for storage/changing area. Tent stands with or without the vehicle and has zipped doors front and back. Complete with groundsheet and all pegs/bags etc. Dirty but still in perfect nick.

5) Kinetic Energy Recovery Rope (KERR) + Bridle + 3 shackles. SOLD

6) Tyre Deflators. SOLD

The larger items are obviously going to be very difficult/costly or impossible to post so buyer would have to arrange collection or we would have to arrange somewhere to meet. I live in Basingstoke, Hampshire but I do travel up the country to Liverpool on business and other places here and there for pleasure now and again so may be able to arrange meets to exchange some of this stuff.

Payment can be direct bank transfer, paypal or cash on collection.
    Last edited by codlord; 20 September 2007, 14:01.
    No longer a Surf owner.

Sorry to see you're selling your Surf, but needs must. At least you're still doing muddy stuff.

I like the Cargo box, been thinking of making something similar myself. Bit impractical to get that up to me in Blackpool however.

I am interested in the deflators however. What payment methods do you take? PayPal may be easiest.

Are you going to continue keep the Surf info website up and running?
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
      I am interested in the deflators however. What payment methods do you take? PayPal may be easiest.
      Yeah, can do paypal or bank transfer, I will send you a PM.

Originally posted by Slugsie
      Are you going to continue keep the Surf info website up and running?
      I have not done anything with the site for a while but it is still used. I started it as a kind of service, I have never sold any info, kept anything back or even put ads on the site as personally I like the idea of an internet with free information. But finding people on ebay selling the information they have downloaded from my site has really annoyed me and I don't think I would ever bother doing this sort of thing again. Shame but there it is.
      I may just leave it as it is or I may ask someone else to take and publish the information elsewhere.
      No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

I'll have the tent! Any one heading this way with a surf train??

PM your wossname and I'll paypal you up, if thats ok.
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by codlord
          Yeah, can do paypal or bank transfer, I will send you a PM.

I have not done anything with the site for a while but it is still used. I started it as a kind of service, I have never sold any info, kept anything back or even put ads on the site as personally I like the idea of an internet with free information. But finding people on ebay selling the information they have downloaded from my site has really annoyed me and I don't think I would ever bother doing this sort of thing again. Shame but there it is.
          I may just leave it as it is or I may ask someone else to take and publish the information elsewhere.
          Payment winging its way right now.

If you ever wanted to re-home the info etc, then I might be interested in hosting it.
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

Chillit - you have PM.

Slugsie - thanks, payment received, I will try and post them tomorrow.
            No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Any clue on the price for the cargo box?

And did you keep the cutting plans
              Andrew

1994 4-runner 3.0TD

Comment

Originally posted by nishikigoi
                Any clue on the price for the cargo box?
                And did you keep the cutting plans
                Not really, I might ebay it unless I get a reasonable offer by october, so just make me an offer and I will consider all offers until after my last trip in October

No, no proper plans as after a basic sketch I sort of made it up as I went along.
                No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

sorry to hear you selling up with surf. myself n alot of people here found your site very useful etc. im sure youll be back with another surf one day you got the surf bug m8 lol.
                  i also found you very helpful when ive emailed you bout cargo liner you made wish i could afford to make a offer, thank you for all the hard work you did with that site im sure its helped alot of people with info off this forum. hope the site will still keep going

Comment

5) Kinetic Energy Recovery Rope (KERR) + Bridle + 3 shackles. Cost me over £80, asking £50
                    if you can do £50 inc postage/ drop off @ northampton...then you have yourself a deal

Sparkz
                    sparkzter@googlemail.com
                    sparkz
                    http://www.elite4x4.co.uk/

Comment

Change of plan on the last october trip so everything is now available nowish.

Vehicle tent and KERR already sold pending payments/delivery.

Tow Hitch/Motorbike Rack and Cargo Box still up for grabs...
                      No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkz
                        if you can do £50 inc postage/ drop off @ northampton...then you have yourself a deal

Sparkz
                        sparkzter@googlemail.com

hello mate. im in northampton so if your up for doing abit of off roading get in touch. tommyguns2004@yahoo.co.uk
                        tommyguns

Comment

Change of plan on the last october trip so everything is now available nowish.

Tow Hitch/Motorbike Rack and Cargo Box still up for grabs...

how much is tho motorbike rack?
                          tommyguns

Comment

Originally posted by tommyguns2004
                            how much is tho motorbike rack?
                            Remember the rack needs a US style tow-hitch, have you got that and are just interested in the rack or are you interested in both the rack and the hitch/tow ball etc?
                            No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

cheers for droping off the Kerr Simon....not used it yet..but im sure ill have the need in the future!

Originally posted by tommyguns2004
                              hello mate. im in northampton so if your up for doing abit of off roading get in touch. tommyguns2004@yahoo.co.uk
                              hi tommy....yeah i do a lot around the area with a couple of mates...i might look in to making it a regular meet?...just byways etc..but might be good to do something once a month?....will keep you posted

sparkzter@googlemail.com
                              Last edited by sparkz; 16 September 2007, 21:37.
                              sparkz
                              http://www.elite4x4.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                              X