X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats a realistic price

My trucks playing silly buggers.
    It's a 2.4 manual.

I've managed to spill battery acid over the back so everytings melted, I've tried cleaning it many times but it still seams to be there melting blankets that I put under the seat, the rear seatbelt mountings are cross threaded and I'm thinking about getting a 3L anyway.

Because of the problems I'm not sure I can sell it to an unsuspecting person, so probably best to sell as a breaker or an off road project.

As far as I know everything is good on it mechanicaly, and it recieved a new clutch 2 months ago

What would be a reasonable selling price ?

To stop bits from melting, try neutralising the acid spilt. Use a solution of bread soda soda and water.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
      To stop bits from melting, try neutralising the acid spilt. Use a solution of bread soda soda and water.
      I've covered the whole area in soda for about three days, cleaned it, then added more soda, then cleaned it, washed it, rubbed it, added more soda and then cleaned it again.
      It's still there melting little holes in anything I put there to check if the acid has gone.

It's seems ridiculous to have to sell a car because of this - but as I said, I'm thinking of a 3L anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob_88
        I've covered the whole area in soda for about three days, cleaned it, then added more soda, then cleaned it, washed it, rubbed it, added more soda and then cleaned it again.
        It's still there melting little holes in anything I put there to check if the acid has gone.

It's seems ridiculous to have to sell a car because of this - but as I said, I'm thinking of a 3L anyway.
        If the soda didn't work try caustic soda (aka sodium hydroxide) It's very basic, and will definitely neutralise the acid, and should rinse better. Your best bet would be to make a solution rather than adding crystals.

Comment

I've been offered around 2k for a trade in on it.
          Would anyone be interested in beating that price and having a breaker?

Comment

Working...
          X