Reg plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reg plates

Now that I'm almost SVa (tomorrow maorning hopefully) I need to think about plates. Anyone know where I can get proper fitting plates, or what size plates I need for the surf. Anyone ever been stopped for having "illegal" plates, ie like putting "www.hiluxsurf.co.uk" at the bottom

www.gtgrafix.co.uk next day delivery and do any size you want...

don't think it's illegal to have wording at the bottom (halfords print their name on theirs!)... only illegal to have "non standard" lettering
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

thanks for this and to other for help. have discovered even if i pass my SVA tomorrow it will probably take another 5 days to get mobile. watch out for me on sundays meet, I'll be the one in the Renault 19 with the "I wish my Surf were onthe road" look

Comment

sure someone will take you for a drive around... show you how it's done... or not done! (depending who it is driving!...)
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I think all plates made now have to have the postcode of the issuing shop/garage at the bottom.

If you can find someone to do it for you though I can't see how they would know you hadn't had them for a while.

Kev

Comment

Next day delivery from these people, and you can have anything you like on the bottom.

http://www.importedvehicles.co.uk/number_plates.htm

Comment

speed camera caught me just fine with this one
              Attached Files
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Postcoding at the bottom of the plates doesn't apply to mail order plates. When they arrive they have a cover note saying that the plates are for show use only, but I would advise the correct lettering size and spacing.

The correct sizes can be found on DVLA's web site, but don't be fooled by "standard UK plates" you want to look at "Non EEC cars with limited space". That way you get away with the smaller lettering

P.S. I'm getting "Big Pimpin" on the bottom of my new plates
                Cheers,
                Sean

Comment

Here, I copied the following from DVLA's web site;

Display of Vehicle Registration Marks on Imported Vehicles
                  (which have a restricted space for a standard sized number plate)

Certain imported vehicles may be permitted to display number plates with smaller characters if:

The vehicle does not have European Community Whole Vehicle Type Approval

AND

* The vehicle's construction/design cannot accomodate standard size number plates

Specifications for smaller sized plates (for certain imported vehicles)

Character Height = 64mm

Character Width = 44mm

Character Stroke = 10mm

Space between characters = 10mm
                  Cheers,
                  Sean

Comment

Working...
                  X