Needed badly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needed badly

Knackered by rear Diff in my 1996 KZN185 3rd Gen Surf. Need a Crown Wheel and Pinion. Car is in the repair garage! Transmission Mechanic said I need a 4:1 ratio pinion 10 teeth, Crown wheel 41 teeth. Looking high and low. Got a quote from Toyota but £800 + VAT seems a wee bit pricey for what it is seeing as I paid £2000 for the whole car itself. Does anyone have one or can source one? Or will I just need another axle! Love my Surf, don't want to have to scrap it!
    Surf's up dude!

Try Amayama, usually way cheaper than your friendly Toyota dealer. Cheers

Comment

Just seen one or two of these on Facebook Marketplace at reasonable prices. Can’t remember where and hopefully you’ve sorted it by now but figured I’d mention it. That ratio should be axle code A02A by the way.

Comment

I found a fabulous American named Ken Robbins who lives in Lowestoft, he helped source a 41:10 pinion with crown wheel and subsequently repaired my own front diff.
        An absolute star of a man who I can highly recommend for his diff. work, knowledge and personality.
        Contact can be made via knt2010@hotmail.com & alternatively hiluxtoys@hotmail.com .
        I do have his telephone number but was requested not to reveal it as calls have caused issues at work etc. He will contact & hopefully help you out, especially with his USA connections.
        Well worth a contact & please mention Brad (or John) when you make contact.

Comment

Great to see the surf network helping out folk! I'm in Kent and have a few spares if anyone needs it.

Rob
          The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

I agree wholeheartedly wiggy,

I've been lucky to find so many helpful answers on here as most of my questions have already been answered by others, so thank you to one & all.
            I never thought I would be in a position to possibly help someone else but even the possibility of helping another makes this "Surfer" feel so much more " a part of it all".

Brad.

Comment

it's been a little quiet, but good to see the folk still love their surfs!

I have just one.now (hairdresser type) but loved the 2nd gen that I had. What type do you have Brad?

all the best

Rob

Comment

Have you tried on Daemon 4x4 if that's still a thing..there used to be a ton of info on there.

rob

Comment

Working...
                X