Free Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Surf

It's a sad day, and one that I have been putting off for a long time, but I really must get rid of my Surf. She introduced me to these wonderful trucks, taught me the joys of playing in the mud, and helped me meet many wonderful people in the pursuit of off-roading. It pains me to do it, but I'm going to give her away!

Yes, you read that right, she'll be ***FREE*** to a good home.

Now, before you get too excited, lets get a few things straight. This is my '92 J 2.4 SSRx, NOT my '95 which I'm still happily driving whenever possible. She's not exactly a runner, it fact she's almost the exact opposite. I was breaking her for parts but got bored with doing that after selling a handful of bits and since then she's sat in my front garden - annoying the neighbours - and looking very sad and sorry for herself. My choices from here were either get a scrap merchant to come round and probably crush her, or see if a decent Surf owner might come forward and either see her off humanely (i.e. complete the breaking for parts process so other Surfs may continue to live) or possibly lovingly restore her - maybe with the V8 conversion that she so deserves (and that I have neither the skill, money, nor time to undertake myself).

OK, so you're still interested, let's see if I can still put you off. She has a slight limp what with only having 3 wheels - the front passenger hub was donated to my other Surf. She only has half an engine as the head was sold. The passenger wing is missing and the door is a junker. The interior is partly stripped. The upholstery is mostly there, but probably has a bit of mildew. All the glass is intact. Most of the transmission/transfers boxes/diff is complete and works (it's a limited slip rear diff).

All in all, it's not a pretty sight, but hey, the price is right.

So, still interested? Right, contact me (post here or PM, either is fine). You'll need a trailer or flat bed truck to take her away on. You'll also need a winch to drag her onto said trailer/truck (maybe a hiab would work, but I have no idea about such things).

So, who's man or woman enough to save my Surf from the crushers??? Go on, you know you want to!

If there are any parts that are deal breakers that you must know about first, then by all means ask. I must also point out that this is an all or nothing deal. Even if you only want a small nut, you're going to have to take the whole truck.

So, come on, do the right thing!
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

hi
    its a dame shame you are so far away as i would take her
    cheers
    daz

Comment

Doncaster isn't that far away!

If no-one comes forward soon then I'm going to have to call a scrap dealer and have her taken away and shredded/crushed.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Does it have a bull bar... I may be interested in that!

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by funkykebab View Post
          Does it have a bull bar... I may be interested in that!

Matt
          Nope, sorry, that's long gone. Plus as I said it's all or nothing as I need the drive space back.
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

no but yes when i,ll have to try and get her home
            cheers
            daz

Comment

Call the scrapies mate, shes a gonner
              私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Any chance you can take a few pics of whats left?
                If the body and chassis is solid and the rest is in decent condition then i may be interested in picking it up, even tho i live about 350ish miles away

Comment

I can certainly take pics, is there anything in particular you want a pic of?

The bodywork (apart from front passenger wing and door, and bumpers which are gone) is in great condition, as is the chassis.
                  Paul </Slugsie>
                  Immortal.so far!

Comment

Well theres not much in particular i need, but some of the electrics and wireing i could do with.
                    I was kinda thinking that if the body & chassis was in good condition with no rust spots or major flaws that i could have used it as a project build.

Comment

you still got her ?
                      http://www.mudmuppet.com

Comment

Working...
                      X