complete surf to swap for something interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• complete surf to swap for something interesting

Hi, have Gaspodes old Surf for swapping for something interesting, its a 1992 2nd gen with seized auto box, not worth exporting here now so any swaps considered.
    www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Auto boxes don't seize.
    What are the symptoms?

Comment

Stopped dead in middle of m4, engine runs fine, gearbox dead.

Comment

Is the 4WD leaver in Neutral by any chance?

I mean I'll swap u for something..... what would u like?
        One day at the time I guess..

Comment

OK, you need to elaborate a bit more, did the rear wheels lock up?
          can you select any gears via the shift lever?

Comment

Hi Bushwacker, not sure exactly what happened as George the Greek was driving, all i know is locked up on m4, he put back out trying to push it and it cost me quite a few ouzos, boy can the Greeks drink that stuff, according to George gearbox is locked dead, wife not happy with me having 3 surfs, so one got to go, he should be back in UK friday so will get full explanation and post here, was a bit hard before as he was in ouzo stupor i paid for,

Comment

Hi Tobyjug, any thing interesting, not sure what, so what do you have.

Comment

well if she really has got to go what kinda stuff would you like to swap for?
                oh and where is the Surf at the moment?

EDIT: we must have been typing at the same time lol...

well give me a direction of things u like....

Comment

Hi Tobyjug, its in Bishops Stortford Herts, George the Greek runs all over uk collecting all sorts with car transporter so could get it to you probaly,
                  as for swaps, anything to do with boats, 4x4, ? or anything interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by greecysurf View Post
                    Hi Tobyjug, its in Bishops Stortford Herts, George the Greek runs all over uk collecting all sorts with car transporter so could get it to you probaly,
                    as for swaps, anything to do with boats, 4x4, ? or anything interesting.
                    Oh that is handy then....
                    Well I have no boats unfortunately... as for 4x4 stuff I have some steel wheels, lots of 2.4TD parts, like a Inclinometer, Turbo, Aircon, filters, interior bits, decent pioneer replacement speakers for the front and 200watt for the back, airhorn etc etc..... so if u after stuff like that I am sure I can ship u a pallet... and for interesting u'll really have to give me a idea what u like lol I have various PC stuff or I could make u some stickers up I mean it's hard without knowing what ur looking for lol

Comment

Originally posted by TobyJug View Post
                      Oh that is handy then....
                      Well I have no boats unfortunately... as for 4x4 stuff I have some steel wheels, lots of 2.4TD parts, like a Inclinometer, Turbo, Aircon, filters, interior bits, decent pioneer replacement speakers for the front and 200watt for the back, airhorn etc etc..... so if u after stuff like that I am sure I can ship u a pallet... and for interesting u'll really have to give me a idea what u like lol I have various PC stuff or I could make u some stickers up I mean it's hard without knowing what ur looking for lol
                      oh u can do stickers?do u do websites???

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                        oh u can do stickers?do u do websites???
                        Yeh I do actually currently I am working on sites for a Health case management company, a lupus support site, a clinic in Holland and one for a fella doing airbrushing....

Comment

Hi Toby, into all sorts really, i am after a good set of speakers for my old pioneer home stereo, we do websites as well, my French business partner has a Phd in computers, have a look at www.netsyst.gr or www.greekpropertyuk.gr , i have an inclinometer, plus decent blaupunkt stereo, spare sony stereo etc, an old trials bike or something like that sounds good, if you have anything like that, or a decent laptop, as the wife keeps nicking mine for her catchat forum, i dunno ,offer something ,you might be surprised, cars i collect, as the Greek roads keep breaking them., just in case the wife reads this,

Comment

Originally posted by greecysurf View Post
                            or a decent laptop, as the wife keeps nicking mine for her catchat forum
                            I have a few laptops around, what kinda spec do u call decent?

Comment

Hi Thrifty, if i was going to export it i would bring it here to Greece, could probaly find somewhere to hide it without the wife finding it,, trouble is like most women she is to inquisitive, and i like me dangly bits unbruised,,
                              Hi Tobyjug, something equal to the Acer Extensa 5220 i have, can be older, but needs good processor speed and memory, because of where we live and OTE the telecomms company is useless, i use mobile internet. If you go back through the general threads to guys you gotta help me by Gaspode you can see a link to the ebay page she had it on, it said noisy turbo, but think it was gearbox or something similer as engine turbo seem fine, it had a new head etc in feb 2009. This was one of those things idiots like me do occaisonally,, idea 3 Surfs, so bought it, George the Greek broke it, and me, apart from pictures have not even seen it. Life eh.

Comment

Working...
                              X